Weekend Freedom Machines banner
161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I thought I would wait until the very end to start posting. Some of these seem to go on endlessly. And, I'm likely to have shoulder surgery in the next few weeks and that will put a halt to both the project and any posts here. I hate hunting and pecking on the keyboard.
I know. And I still have not committed to it in my mind. The shoulder does hurt but I'm not incapacitated by it. I'm not the type to sit around doing nothing for six weeks followed by months of therapy. And at 75, well you just don't know what else is around the corner. Might want that time back. Not to mention some times they do more harm than good.
Wish you the best of luck when/if you do it.

Reactions: jetjoe

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
That's right. May have been left like that accidently. Unplugging at the back fitting or sight glass makes refilling with new fluid easier/faster...it has a vent. PO may have forgotten to reconnect it, or just been lazy...hard to reach that back fitting if fender pan is on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you have the time, and the patience, contact your local John Deere dealer with the engine serial number and ask for a replacement tractor PIN (Product Information Number). The new PIN decal will indicate "Replacement" on it. IT IS NOT A FAST PROCESS.

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
If you have the time, and the patience, contact your local John Deere dealer with the engine serial number and ask for a replacement tractor PIN (Product Information Number). The new PIN decal will indicate "Replacement" on it. IT IS NOT A FAST PROCESS.
Good idea!

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
In post 145, it sure looked like the return vent line from the hydro is leading to air and contamination rather than plugged into top area of hydro. Someone tell me I'm wrong? View attachment 270445
I noticed that too. But I do my share of criticizing and I thought I would let this one go. What you say is correct. If it is in fact the sight tube hanging there. But I doubt it would cause a major issue as the fluid in that line is pretty much static. It would be a good idea to connect it up though. Easy enough to do. I think I would suck a little bit of fluid out just to be on the safe side.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
If you're referring to my dilemma, and I think you are, I intend to do that. But for now, I'm waiting to hear from the last owner. Hopefully, he knows the number. It would be nice to have the exact SN.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed that too. But I do my share of criticizing and I thought I would let this one go. What you say is correct. If it is in fact the sight tube hanging there. But I doubt it would cause a major issue as the fluid in that line is pretty much static. It would be a good idea to connect it up though. Easy enough to do. I think I would suck a little bit of fluid out just to be on the safe side.
It is connected now, it was like that when i bought it. but aside from maybe some dirt getting in it shouldn't hurt anything. the fluid looks okay when i put in new fluid.

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
It is connected now, it was like that when i bought it. but aside from maybe some dirt getting in it shouldn't hurt anything. the fluid looks okay when i put in new fluid.
Nice save. I keep an eye on mine in case it splits or pops off. And if the fluid looks fine, I wouldn’t care.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts