Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok
So have had a missing issue on one cylinder.
Finally fussed with positioning of the trigger coil on the right side of the engine. It cleared up!
If anyone has a good picture or explanation of how these mount please share!
(Can they just be press-in plastic!?)

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Search this section for a thread called 322 Spark Test...I posted lots of pix/info about changing the trigger coils. They bolt to the flywheel back plate best I remember. Change all three at once if you can.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Very easy removal and install. (2) 10mm headed screws per coil.
AM876075, at $56 each, makes me prefer to replace only the bad one(s).

Reactions: amvcane

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Cheaper in the long run time wise to do them all at once if the budget allows, the time factor comes into play and the age of the failed coil(s). To each his own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As above (I suppose I should have called it by what Deere calls it) pulsar was the issue. I've ordered them. But I haven't been able to find tmac's thread on r&r.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Are we talking about Electrical Coils as JD calls them - the coil module with the plug wire attached, or something different called a pulser?
I'm using the hardcopy parts catalog PC2149, so I may be off target.
My comments earlier were about the coil module, with the attached spark plug wire. These were the only coils that have failed on my 322s.
Sorry, if my comments sent us off in the wrong direction!
Edit - my mistake!

Coils with spark plug wires attached - front of motor (actually the back I think), but almost up against the battery. AM876075.

Product Rectangle Organism Font Screenshot

Or Pulser, M802144 M802143 ?

Photograph Light Rectangle Product Black

Attachments

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Here you go:JD 322 spark test...
Not as many pix as I thought, but it walks you through it. Does require some front end disassembly though...not bad, just take pics for reference as you go along. I stripped mine all the way down to the flywheel to get to and change the pulsar coils.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's the pulsar that has gone. (Second picture)
The one of course on the exhaust side (not sure if I'm an imbicile but I have a heck of a time getting the cover off on that side!😿)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts