Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this recently added video on the web -
- I think this is a challenge to the JD community to go one better : ) I would add hydraulicly controlled circle, leaning steer wheels, chain case rear wheel drive mimicking big graders so the rear wheels are load-sharing but more importantly reduce the size of each bump as the rear travels over it. Perhaps also a scarifier. The blade control valves could be moved to the center and the levers extended and bent for ergonomics because it looks to me like they'd obscure vision to the all but the very tips of the blade.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wow, that thing is pretty cool.

·
Registered
110, 111
58 Posts
I've actually talked to the owner/builder of the machine over on one of the Cub forums. Since that video was posted, he added a hydraulic motor powered gear setup to rotate the blade. Lately he's been dealing with an issue in the rearmost hydro transmission.

Reactions: ironhorse

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
It has to be a privately manufactured machine. I doubt that without ROPS it cannot be sold to the public. It is a nice machine limited use for most homeowners.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Never cease to be amazed at the skilled fabricators that are out there, I have trouble mastering the basics.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's a very interesting machine. If a person had a fair amount of driveway/roadway to maintain, it would be handy. I would like to see a detailed set of pics or video on the build. I've thought about something like that for limited snow plowing and gravel road work on the farm. A factory built mini-grader is way too much money. That guy sure did a great job of getting the proportions just right on that one. Job well done if you ask me.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
I remember being at a Deere dealership in Kent Washington years ago before Deere had skid steers. They were having a "rodeo" that weekend and one of their machines was a Bobcat loader with grader attachment. Link shows attachment but is not Bobcat ... Skid Steer Grader Attachment (Laser System Optional)

·
Registered
66 Posts
A CTL or skidsteer with a grader attachment is okay. Better to grade with than just using the smooth bucket. The grader attachment seems to work well but as mentioned, a little hard to get connected and synced to the laser. A mini grader like this is impractical but just way cool. There are several compact graders on the market that are more sized appropriately for actual work. All that said, I admire his craftsmanship and planning that went into building this. It is in proportion and still functional. I would love to see this in person.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts