Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us that have to deal with snow during the winter months, it is about that time of year where you start getting ready. That prompted me get my 332 hooked up to my 49 snow thrower today. Since this is my second season with these units, I have also changed some of the set up items. Since I always hated putting wheel weights on and off, I bought the rear weight bracket and weights, which are much easier for this ol man to install. Also, I went to bar type tires in an effort to minimized the "cat scratches" on the concrete from the turf tires and chains I used last year. I am hoping with the additional weight from the cast rear weights and bar tires I won't need the chains, but time will tell.

Does any one else have photos of their tractor ready for the next snow?

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wow! I have to keep the MCS going at least another month before I can grab the snow gear.

@332 Guy I thought I would be smart and re engineer a new weight bar for the back of my 332 so I didn't have to buy a few hundred dollars worth of suitcases. After running all the calculations, it turns out the weight bar with 6 suitcases is pretty much the ideal setup. Funny how thry did that...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm still vacuuming leaves with the Tilt and Dump but was thinking to put the cab and blower on this weekend. The maple never gives up without a long fight. I also need to bring my D2 back from my buddy's place so that might take precedence

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well…..kinda, the machines are always ready. I haven’t used the 110 in 3 years. Same non-ethanol gas and the tank looks great. Fortunately it’s stored in a warm space, but I’m going to keep it empty and dry from now on. Took it out yesterday to give it first crack at my new trailer.
had to clear off the driveway in preparation for the white stuff. Now we’re ready.
Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
not ready yet but this weekend I'll get a little bit closer to being ready I hope.
I use ATV's to plow snow and I have been making sure that the Heated Grips/Thumb warmers are working on my ATV's
The 49 snow blower is in a heated shop so I can put that on anytime in relative comfort.

332 is your driveway sloped at all? if your mostly flat driveway. you can go with just bar tires and weight.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Need to get a tractor ready for the model 49. Typically I do not need a tractor mounted attachment for clearing snow. But do need to get the walk behind started and ready to roll.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Within a month or so I’m going to set up my Berco that I got from NYKen. I’m pretty excited to use it. Also ordered the 9” extensions for the 54 plow and one piece cutting edge. Have a couple other snow weapons I will get ready but I usually wait till I have to dig for them! 😂

·
Registered
902 Posts
Did a final leaf pickup today. Was thinking of doing another next week but the ground's getting too wet where I park the Tilt n Dump so I'm taking it off today and putting the mower in the garage. Will check over the blower on Sunday

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I'll start on the 455 tomorrow morning. Pull the deck off, put the 40 loader on it. Then while cleaning that deck, think about what weights to put on it and which bracket. Trying to work with what I got. I might get a set of chains for it also, not sure yet.
The 332 and mcs is still on leaf duty. Probably for a month yet. Then I can decide if I want the mini payloader or blade on it.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
People that don't know us would think we are SICK for owning so many tractors, what is wrong with them???
They like doing stuff the hard way.
Or they pay someone to do everything around the house.
They dont understand the ability of these old tractors. Programmed to brand new is better.
The list could go on and on.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts