Weekend Freedom Machines banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
For those of us that have to deal with snow during the winter months, it is about that time of year where you start getting ready. That prompted me get my 332 hooked up to my 49 snow thrower today. Since this is my second season with these units, I have also changed some of the set up items. Since I always hated putting wheel weights on and off, I bought the rear weight bracket and weights, which are much easier for this ol man to install. Also, I went to bar type tires in an effort to minimized the "cat scratches" on the concrete from the turf tires and chains I used last year. I am hoping with the additional weight from the cast rear weights and bar tires I won't need the chains, but time will tell.

Does any one else have photos of their tractor ready for the next snow?
That is a crazy setup!
Works great. All kinds of traction to push with the weight of the blower out the back. And if I need to blow snow simply flip the switch on rear pto and back up.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
My chain secret is the basic second set of tires deal. I have the old turfs loaded with fluid and draped with chains. Just swap them on when the cab and blower goes on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Three out of my eleven tractors are pretty much permanently set up for snow removal, two more get setup when the season gets close. Four out of the eleven are pretty much permanently setup for mowing.
I have the same problem... LOL... its an addiction... Why store implements? Just get another tractor to save all the changeover in the seasons....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Put the snowblower on the 1st 318 a couple weeks ago. Today was able to put the cab on with a little help cause I brought the excavator home last night. Also put snowblower on 2nd 318, but didn’t bother putting cab on. That one will stay home this year for backup. No need to take it down to dad’s, he recently picked up a 2555 with loader and cab. Hopefully the 3rd 318 will not be needed. The plan is to get it a new paint job. Also put plow on the 140 for the light snows.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
?

The model 49 is a 46" snow thrower, So is the model 50. They are not two stage so a technically not a snow blower but rather a snow thrower.

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
That is quite ok. We all make mistakes.

I have always been confused by the model 46 and 50 snow throwers for the 400 & compact tractors. They are virtually the same snow thrower. Don't have a 400 or subcompact but do have a model 46 from a compact tractor and a 50 that was on a 400. I bought them for parts; mainly for the hydraulic chute mechanism. It fits on the model 49 snow thrower as long as tractor is H2.

Reactions: TempletonJDguy

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Some photos of the last one I restored for my model 49.
Wood Amber Yellow Gas Tool
Rectangle Wood Plastic Paper product Packaging and labeling
Wood Tool Flooring Rectangle Gas
Table Wood Electronic instrument Desk Electrical wiring

Here is other one installed on model 49
Gas Engineering Composite material Machine Cylinder
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Here is the first one I worked on. Bought a model 49 with the rotator installed (same snow thrower as shown on 317 above).
Gas Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Machine Automotive exterior
Gas Cylinder Automotive exterior Electrical wiring Wood
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Cylinder Gas Fender

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
Thanks for the pic's Gabby, that is quite an interesting contraption. Looks like the same cylinder as the lift/rotate on the 54 plow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
this is my newest addition to my herd it is a1992 with only 1400 hours on it . it came wit all kinds of spare parts for the snow thrower and 46 inch mower deck. also came with all the manuals repair and parts manuals. it is nice tight tractor compared to my other 2 1983 318s with more than 2500 hours on both. I also noticed that the p218g is a much cleaner running engine then the b43gs are.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 107 Posts