Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robb,

Well I finally got the pictures of my 322 solenoid valve installation.

All parts must be hydraulic type fittings not standard pipe fittings. Hydraulic fittings are rated for much higher pressure.

This picture shows why I added the solenoid valve in the first place. I have a trailer hitch / weight rack that make it difficult to use the adjustment rod as a rockshaft lockout.

The valve is mounted directly to the rockshaft cylinder which does give you plenty of room for the hoses and valve. The configuration that I will detail is using the valve as a rockshaft lockout and rear hydraulic option. The left (outside) hydraulic lever normally controls the rockshaft cylinder and the left front ports. This picture is a top view of the installation.

1.) Begin by removing the rear fender deck.
2.) Disconnect the rear hydraulic line to the rockshaft. Loosen the JIC connector. Prepare for draining fluid from the line.
3.) Remove the line to the front of the rockshaft cylinder. The hose at this end has a built-in swivel and is a 1/8" fitting. This is EXTREMELY tight. It appears that JD put some type of thread lock on the fitting. Be careful not to strip the hex end of the hose. It is that tight.
4.) Next I recommend removing the cylinder to remove the JIC fitting on the rear of the cylinder. This is optional.
5.) Install a 1/8" Male Run Tee (1/8" Male to Two 1/8" Female) in the front of the rockshaft cylinder.
6.) Install a 1/8" 90 Degree Street elbow(1/8" Male to 1/8" Female) into the rear of the rockshaft cylinder.
7.) Reinstall the cylinder.
8.) Connect the front hydraulic line with the swivel to the tee.
9.) Install a 1/8" to 1/4" Male to Female adapter into the other tee port.
10.) Install a 1/4" 90 Degree street elbow into the adapter. See picture.
11.) Install a 1/4" hydraulic 12" long (Male) hose into the street elbow.
12.) Install a 1/4" Quick Coupler on the other end of the hose.

The next steps detail the installation of the lockout / diverter valve. The valve is a Delta Power 3840062 12V 17W Solenoid with a 35M1234OA Valve.

1.) Install the JIC connector that was removed from the rockshaft cylinder into the INPUT port of the solenoid valve. A 1/4" to 1/8" reducer is required.
2.) Install a 1/8" Male to 1/4" 90 Degree elbow with a swivel into the rear rockshaft port.
3.) Install a 1/4" 90 Degree Street elbow into one of the valve output ports.
4.) Install a 3" 1/4" pipe from this elbow to the elbow in step 2.
5.) Install a 1/4" 90 Degree street elbow into the other valve output port.
6.) Install a 1/4" hydraulic 12" long (Male) hose into the street elbow.
7.) Install a 1/4" Quick Coupler on the other end of the hose.

You will need to fabricate a mounting for the Quick Couplers depending on where you want them located.

I mounted the a JD PTO switch (AM39489) in the rear PTO knockout position on the dash. In the normal position the rockshaft cylinder is locked out.

George of Buford

·
Registered
382 Posts
Awesome work George! I will be adding both this and the "cooler" post to the Tech Archives area.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gary,

I bought the valve on eBay for $30. I had some of the parts, but I would estimate I spent about $75 total.

George of Buford

·
Registered
33 Posts
This valve is a popular item with the "car hopper" hydraulically controlled suspension cars, so if you can't find a source look at low rider or "hoppers" sites. They call them "Delta Dumps" or "dump valves"

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gary,

I found an online source for a solenoid valve. Go to www.esurplushydraulics.com. They have a Hydraforce 12 Volt 3 Port valve for $20. The ports are #4 O RIng Boss so you will need adapters to NPT.

Hope this helps,

George of Buford

1 - 10 of 10 Posts