Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not moved the coil it has been there since I owned it
I got the engine torn down earlier today. The piston & tings will definitely need replacement. The connecting rod and crank shaft is reusable. The cylinder bore is good enough to use a standard size piston.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a 216 where the rear motor mounts got so bad they wore through the half moon mount area on the frame. That was a tricky repair. All good now, but ya motor mounts are everything and one of the first things to do on that series 👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am only 13 and the rebuilt kit took a significant bite out of the budget. I really want to replace them while it is easy but, alas I am too broke. I will probably end up replacing them at a later date.

·
Registered
1989 318
1,384 Posts
What? 13? As in 13 years old? I'm guessing you might be the youngest member?

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
617 Posts
Isolators can be bought from someone other than mother Deere. Can definitely save some coins. So much easier while motor is out of machine.

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I got mine on the auction site for about $8-$9 each, and free shipping. Also available thru McMaster Carr.
I would think sow blades would be common CL items in your part of the world...the frozen north country. With a blade, your 210 can earn its keep and then some in winter.

·
Registered
110, 111
186 Posts
I appreciate to see young folks getting into this hobby... I'm a young'n too, older than you but not by too much... Such a shame most young people couldn't care less about these old machines. It makes me very happy to see other young folks doing this stuff! I wish you good luck with your rebuild and I will be following along (y)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts