·
Registered
683 Posts
😂😂

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I am finally putting the engine back in tomorrow. The 112 distracted me, dang those shiny squirrels!

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Is 0.021 an acceptable ring gap for a k241 with a used bore?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Would 0.016 be acceptable for the scraperring

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
It will be done in a day or two. I need non detergent sae 30 and new fuel line still.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Combat vehicle Grass
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
After running for 10 or 15 minutes, shut down, allow to fully cool and retorque head bolts. It's all coming together so maybe next summer, you can take it all apart and paint! Bob

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Nice work...I pay about $12 to $15 for straight 30 weight at TSC (Traveler brand) or Stuffmart, per gallon. Never priced the qt/liter bottles. Good luck.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I saw a quart of STP at Auto Zone for $5.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Sounds about right...I haven't bought any since about March. I like to steer clear of auto parts places and shop at the farm/ranch stores, unless I have no choice. Our AZ store does collect oil to recycle, so I look for specials there on other things, like Seafoam, Stabil, Marvel Mystery oil to support them. Also assorted parts like wipers, brake shoes, bulbs and electrical connectors (marine grade with shrink cuffs).

·
Registered
1989 318
1,883 Posts
I was shocked to see straight weight at $5/quart, I thought that price was reserved for the Synthetic oils? I was really happy to find straight 30W for $2.40/quart.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
We are talking about non-detergent right?
I bought a gallon of regular sae 30 at the wally mart for $10

·
Registered
1989 318
1,883 Posts
Mine was at Farm and Fleet, on sale, regular price was $3.29. Sorry, you don't have F&F in Texas, you also do not have Menards, these are Midwest stores.

Reactions: TiredDeere210

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
@TiredDeere210 From what I've seen on the Wally World web site, ANY non-detergent oil will state "Non Detergent" on the container. If not stated, assume it's a detergent oil. Probably true for all oil where ever you buy it! Bob

41 - 60 of 113 Posts