81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Snow for this year has been a dud so far. Ain't got nuthin' to plow.

Reactions: sashiery

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
No. We were stupid and put the tractor in backwards so we couldn’t plow ourselves out.

• Sad
Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
What belts do you guys suggest ? I need to replace my drive belts in the 210. I have heard the variator doesn't work right with non deere belts. Is this true ?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
What belts do you guys suggest ? I need to replace my drive belts in the 210. I have heard the variator doesn't work right with non deere belts. Is this true ?
From what I’ve heard, Deere uses a different pitch/angle on their belts so generally non Deere belts will fail somewhat rapidly due to that.

Reactions: rwmeyer

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Deere also uses "oddball" lengths which may or may not be available with off the shelf belts. The results could be loosing some of you adjustment at one end or the other. Bob

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Ok, guess I will find some deere belts.

Reactions: rwmeyer

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I think the only way to accurately assess the overall condition of your 210 and its components is to install 2 new Deere belts...primary and secondary. If something is "off" or not right with your variator it will show up quickly. The variator sheave in my 212 was wobbly and required lube like graphite at least once a year and that shortened the life of that stock belt...it wore out prematurely. Bought a nice clean used variator with tight/snug sheave and it's been 3-4 years since I had to replace the belts. Don't know what they cost nowadays but it's something to consider if you want to make your 210 "good as stock" again. Think I paid a little less than $50 for a pair of belts from the local deere dealer last time I changed mine.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I think the belts on the 210 are original or the second set.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
And even if we could get out I think we had to much snow for the old gals.(16+in) And I had no chains or weights and his drive belts weren’t having it.
A thrower would be faster, but if you get the weights and chains and new belts, and learn a little technique, you will be amazed what "the old gals" can do. I have pushed that much snow with mine. I have pushed snow that deep that had a layer of sleet in the middle of the snow.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I have a 37a. I just do not want it to throw gravel.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
There's ways around that.
I could only get about 2 feet out the bay door one time with my 1650 Cub Cadet and blower. Had to back it out and there was some ice under about 10" of snow. Finally got it turned around in the shop using a jack and colorful language but it would still only go a feet out the door. So I went and got our Ford County 4 with the 10 ft dozer blade on the front and that did the trick.
No. We were stupid and put the tractor in backwards so we couldn’t plow ourselves out.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
You can set the feet/runners so the thrower leaves an inch or so of snow on the ground. You can clear that inch or so with the front blade if necessary. My driveway is almost always soft, uneven, and wet the first time it snows here. I drag the gravel I push to the edge of the driveway back after the snow melts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Next winter the 210 will get the blower an the 112 can run the blade.

Reactions: sashiery
81 - 100 of 113 Posts