Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I cut one up out of sheetmetal, and made this. The old plastic ones just wouldn't do. This is the only thing on the tractor that wasn't original, besides tires. A new plastic one from deere is over $100

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ken Lawton - Not sure if you've taken care of this yet but I would just take Mineral Spirits and wipe it down real good making sure you clean it off real well and make sure you have all the rough spots knocked down. If you have to take some very fine sandpaper and clean up any rough areas then shot it with 3 or 4 coats of John Deere Ag Green. That should provide you with a pretty good finished product. This is what I did to mine several years ago and it still looks good. Hope this helps.

Kenneth

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've wondered the same thing about these. Kind of surprised these have lasted as long as they have. Jason, didn't know john Deere still sold that part. 100 seems a lot but at the same time fair. Be almost worth getting one to be away or put the new one on and put the original one away to keep nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.