Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here so I'm sorry if this isn't where I should post this question. I'm trying. :nada: I have a '67 JD112 manual lift and I want to clean and paint the 42" brass tag snow blade this summer. Should the plate that pivots to angle the blade be painted green or yellow on a '67 112 ? This is the part that is left when you remove the actual blade and springs. I've seen theme both colors. Also, does the rod that the blade pivots on come out and how? I got the two expansion pins out, but no luck on the rod. Thanks in advance. I enjoy the site.

Ernie
'67 112
Aluminum Tag #80 cart

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Maybe Roger can verify this. What is generally referred to as the 4 way blade in Roger's photo has the green mount and the earlier "6 way" blade was all yellow. Right or wrong?
The 6 way that came with my son's '64 110 was all yellow with rust tones, of course. It did not appear to have been repainted.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Tom if you sand through the yellow mounts I suspect you will find green unless it is a very early blade. If it is from a 1963 early 1964 any bets are off on color. Mine I repainted in the colors that were on it and it is about a 1966 blade. The skids on mine in one picture were an experiment that didn't work with rollers. The skids on it now are from a Polaris ATV and and were black and I didn't paint them but the JD ones were Yellow. Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
The 1963 6 way blades were all yellow. Also in 1967 they painted the heavy bracket that the mounting arms are attached to "yellow".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Brandan. I wondered if that wasn't the case. My friend has a '66 and it's green, but mine looks like it's always been yellow and I've owned it for 10 years. I was kind of looking forward to the change, but yellow it will be! Thanks to all. I'll post a picture or two when I finish it.

Ernie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts