Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Great work Paul thanks for sharing!! You too Terry!

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would also like to thank Paul. Great build and documentation. Now I just need to finished the model and start the tedious task of the 2D drawing. (making 3D models is the fun part for me).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Terry, for some reason, your image didn't show up right on my computer at least. This is what I got.

As far as the lower mounts go, the arms are just mounted on a 5/8" pin with washers on each side to space it out to the keeper. There is no plate or tab on the outside. Maybe there should be, but with the washers there doesn't seem to be much side to side play. The pins do wobble a bit though. If I were to use it for a plow (which I don't have yet), I would probably have to add diagonal chains to help keep the arms straight. I have 23 10.50 12's on it in the narrow setting, and the arms are about 1" away when swung to the side. Bar tires might be closer, and chains would be out of the question with the tires in the narrow setting. I will be running my 6-12's with chains soon for winter and I may have to put them on the wide setting.

(Message edited by treed on October 25, 2014)

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I don't know why it would look like that on your screen.

I haven't had a chance to work on it the last few days - I have been at a convention for our Christian School that I am administrator of.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Cool, you may want to consider going double sheer by adding a second ear on where the lower arms attach to your triangle plates:

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike,
That's what I was alluding to. One thought is to run one long pin from one side to the other, which will keep it stable, but won't be as strong, shear wise, as the two tab setup per side.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Paul Humphrey

That is an excellent three point hitch you have built. Terry is also doing his usual fine work of drawing I see. I hope you get many hours of use out of it.

I designed and built myself a 3pt hitch for a 214. Works excellent and so far hasn't given me any trouble. I too had some people ask if i was going to manufacture and sell my design, but with the demands for my time and the cost, I came up with the same conclusion that you did. I decided to take my CAD drawings and put them in the gallery so that others could build one if they wanted to.

These are great little work horse tractors, and being able to put newer 3pt hitch implements on them gives them a new lease on life and just goes to show how versatile they are.

Enjoy

Bevan

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Pics of the one I built on a 67-112 several years ago, with swinging drawbar:

Never did make heavier replacements for the turnbuckles though!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Hey Marv<did you use the antique JD green for paint on everything? Sorry Terry,for stealing some of your post

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.