Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Canada, I am looking at purchasing a 316 or a 318 and was wondering if I could get some help on what they are worth.

The 316 is 86 with unknown hours, 50" deck, B43E 16 hp Onan. Seller says no leaks, visual looks ok. They are asking $1200 Canadian.

The 318 is an 89 with 1315 hrs, no typical issues you'd find in these (creep, etc).
48" mower deck
PTO
quick change JD 4 way plow
chains
tire weights
weights for back
oil and lubed once a year consistently
He is asking $2800

Are these prices in the right ball park?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Iball
The 316 price seems about the going rate, the 318 seems high. The 318 price seems to be on par with dealer pricing, which is usually too high. Pictures would help of course. Where are you from? I'm in Hamilton and going by local prices.
Welcome to WFM by the way!
Brent

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brent!
I'm in Belleville. So not too far away.
What tractors do you have or are on your wish list?
I'm wondering if I take the plunge and get one of these how hard parts will be to find.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
both have parts available but some are NLA but can be found on ebay and even here

I just bought a 69 140 and was able to find the parts I needed for it.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
:welcome:
Hey Iball,I believe parts for the 300"s are still mostly available,but like Knotty says,some are NLA

·
Registered
423 Posts
Iball
Like the others have said, some parts are NLA but between this site's classified section and your local Deere dealership you should be good!

I have a small herd consisting of a 110H, 140H3, 214 and 2 300's. Nothing special, most are $200 Kijiji finds. I'm lucky if three are operational at any given time. I would love a 330 or 332 one day, but I don't have the room or money;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi. Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your input everyone. I was lucky enough to find a 332 (not sure year as no serial numbers on it). It's in good shape but has some issues that need attention. So far I love it.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
take some pics of the fuel filter and the hrydro controls on the tranny under the seat pan and we can narrow down the year a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts