Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find some paint for the rear wheels and weights on my 430. Usually I use the rustoleum JD Yellow. I can't find it in stock anywhere near me though. Has anyone used Rustoleum Sunburst Yellow?

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Never used that color of Rustoleum. If you have a TSC store nearby, the Mystic brand of JD green and yellow are quite good...at least for me so far. Not as pricey, correct colors and compatible with three different brand primers (so far). Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Lots of places like my local TSC have low stock even on the majic brand.
Never used the sunburst yellow so can't help you.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see that brand one their website. I do have a tractor supply though.
I just went during lunch to the rural king and they had some safety yellow and equipment yellow. Both said for use on john deere equipment. Majic brand.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I’ve had only bad experiences with the TSC paint- sprays like water, covers thin, crackles, and the colors are bad. I usually grab up the Rust-Oleum cans from Lowe’s when they have them. The JD yellow is hard to find.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I haven't tried spraying the Majik brand from TSC yet, only brushed some onto a couple of workbenches I picked up. Took forever to dry, but seems to be reasonably durable in the years since I've done it. When TSC carried the Val-Spar brand, I sprayed the jeep I had at the time with it. That stuff was great to work with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts