Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took walbro carb off to clean it out did not disassemble just took off engine to spray out and removed bowl. Put it back on now I have fuel in bowl but it will not start, I know people are against it but when I spray start fluid in intake it fires up burns that off then dies. Also what are the good start points for the screw on bottom of bowl and on side of carb

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
David first I am assuming this is a 112 with Tecumseh engine? If not none of the following applies. Did you take the main jet out of the bottom of the carb? If so you need to replace it with a service jet if you can find one. Tecumseh part number 30355. If you didn't take it out but just loosened it and tightened the jet again you you would have the same problem. The holes to feed fuel in the original jet were drilled after it was installed in the carburetor. if the jet is moved or loosened the holes will not feed fuel to the engine. The replacement is modified so they don't have to be aligned. Did you adjust the high speed adjustment at the bottom of the carburetor in the nut that tightens the bowl on the engine? After that it might be you just got some dirt in one of the passages when doing your cleaning. You can find the Tecumseh manual for these engine on the net and there may be a copy of it one this site. I know there is one for sure on MY Tractor Forum. The manual has a 2 or 3 page section on how to deal with these carburetors. Good luck with it. Roger

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Good call, Roger. Here's a photo of the main jet and the replacement. The original jet shows one of the holes drilled in the threaded end. It was drilled through the body and jet at the same time. Not their best idea.
The original can be altered on a lathe by cutting a groove as in the photo. Someone else on here had successfully used a small square file to do the same thing. You probably don't even have to cut the groove all the way around. 90 Degrees each direction from the hole should do it.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Here's another photo that might help explain the jet as installed. Also notice the bowl vent hole circled in photo. It must be open, but I don't think that's your problem.

My only experience with this jet was many years ago on my 112. It started fine, ran well at full throttle and idle, but surged and carried on at mid-range. Altering the jet as shown in the manual solved that. Maybe I was just lucky.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My local small engine shop actually had a replacement jet it was in a old Tecumseh box if you have a link to the forum for the rebuild on that that would be awesome did some looking but could not fin a exact one for that carb. Thanks for all the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.