Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The backrest on my 345 seat cushion is separated from the frame. Has anyone else had a similar problem? What adhesive did you use to fix it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Almost all do that. I never found a glue (Shoe-Goo, construction adhesive, fabric adhesive and others) that never lasted more than a short time on my 345 and finally put a replacement on I bought at a farm store. I did have to fabricate a bracket to make the seat switch work. Roger

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll see if I can save it or replace it if need be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, my seat is doing that too. And the broken, hardened pieces of glue or whatever fall out every time I lift the seat to fuel the tractor up.

I considered a JD seat cover as a temporary solution, for cosmetic purposes only, but the seat is pretty low on the priority list of projects.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I asked in another thread how guys repair splits and tears in tractor seats. None were what I would call acceptable to me (but all solutions were serviceable for a while). Bottom line, tractor seats seem to be a wear item like brake shoes and when they get tattered, cover them with something or replace them with aftermarket seats. Too bad Recaro doesn't make tractor seats. :LOL:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I’m going to list it for sale and you know how some buyers can be. They’ll want me to take 700 dollars off the price because of the seat, lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's pretty much what I did. I just sold it and the new buyer wasn't concerned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts