Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The model 80 carts were made from '64-'87, starting with serial #80-xxxx. These first carts in '64 had riveted brass tags, green frame/box & 4-legged deer decal.

Somewhere around '66, they switch to #E0080-0xxxxxM. Brass tag, green frame/box & 4-legged deer decal

'68- E0900-0xxxxxM, brass tag, green frame/box & 4-legged deer.

'69- '71 Patio white E0900-0xxxxxM, riveted aluminum tag & 2-legged deer decal. Black letters

'69 - '71 GREEN Carts- E0901-0xxxxxM, riveted aluminum tag & 2-legged deer decal. Black letters and frame.

Around '72- 80-0xxxxxM, went back to green with black frames, riveted aluminum tag & 2-legged deer decal.

'74-'87 received foil tags with a 4-digit serial number. I believe the first 2 numbers are the year of manufacture.

If anyone has more/different information, please do share. Thanks, David.

·
Premium Member
8,915 Posts
David,

The foil tags are indeed date coded four digit numbers and are not "serial numbers" as such since many carts could be manufactured with the same four digit number -- the last two digits are a week number and should not go higher than 52. All of one weeks build would therefore have the same tag number.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
8,915 Posts
No Rammer,

The date code method only works on the FOIL tag carts...not the riveted tag in either brass or aluminum. The riveted tags have unique, sequential numbers as far as I know.

Your brass tag cart with just four digits in the serial number is a very early one, though. :good:

My brass tag 68 cart was easy to identify to a single year model because it was brass yet has a type number of E0900. Note also that the serial number is a six digit field with a leading 'zero' and also has an ending letter M...

Vehicle Car

Later aluminum riveted tags used a mix of type codes, and some had "80" in the TYPE field, and the 6 digit serial number with the trailing M as seen here...
Font

Chuck

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
More like 1964 for starting date on 80 carts. Many of the early ones had narrow wheels and tires and the more common wide ones as an extra cost option. Roger

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking they didn't make the model 80 cart starting till like 1968?
This is why I posted this information(apologies if it's a duplicate). So others could come here to determine about what year.

There is nothing set in stone, here. It's just to the best of my knowledge, with the info I have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts