Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I need some help I got a 1965 John Deere 110 and had got some parts sand blasted and I told the guy doing my sandblasting not to do the front panel where the serial number was. Well he did so now I have no serial number plate. I had already registered it on this forum. But my question is what do i do? Thanks for the help I am sick about this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I work at a John Deere dealer, I have gone through the process to get replacement serial number plates. It can be a lengthy and complicated process, if you have a good dealer in your area they should be able to talk to there TCSM, which is there territory rep from Deere. However if you don't have original sales invoice for the machine or an official invoice with the serial number on it, you in for a uphill battle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks I have a very good dealer and do a lot of business with them so I will call him! I do not have any info besides the serial number where I registered it on this forum. I bought it from an individual a month or so ago! Thanks and any more info is appreciated. Also will this kill the value of the tractor even if I do get the replacement serial number?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Is the serial plate completely gone? If not, can you post a picture of it? If the only thing wrong with the tag is the black base coat missing or the aluminum being discolored, I can help you restore your original tag. If you are needing a replacement tag, I have a couple out in the garage I can help you with. Just let me know the original number, and I'll see what I have in coming as close as possible to your's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I have got it handled! Johndeereelfman I want to keep my original serial number bc I want to keep it original and I don't think you are supposed to do that! But Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also work at a john deere dealer and had a serial number i needed a replacement tag for and was told by TSM that they could nkt get one for my 43 blade they only done tractors, hopefuly you can get a replacement. The tag will look like one that is on the newer tractors too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
To clean the aluminum, I use SOS pads with the blue soap, under warm water. The soap helps as a lubricant in keeping the pad from scratching. Even though there shouldn't be any difference, I found that the pink soaped pads don't seem to do as nice of a job in getting the aluminum to shine.

One thing that I see a lot of, and would like to point out. When you buy a tractor that has the serial tag painted over, do yourself a favor and DO NOT use a dry steel wool pad or fine grit sandpaper to strip the paint so that you can reference the serial number. When using these methods, you are grinding the raised letters of the tag down to the point that it makes it very hard to restore a tag. If you need to remove the paint from a tag, spray the tag with WD-40 or some other type of lubricant before using something like a steel wool pad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.