Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good baseline shoe adjustment for a 37a in gravel?
I need the snowblower for winter this season because I left the blade at my old house and it got scrapped. 馃槶

Registered
Adjustment depends on surface you are cleaning.

Welcome to WFM ... Gabby

Registered
If gravel, 1" MINIMUM, but I'd recommend about 1-1/2" above ground level. Too low, and you pick up gravel and throw it ALL over as well as possibly damaging your 37! Others may have different ideas, don't know. Bob

Reactions: gabby_in_wis

Registered
Some members drive over early snow fall to create a thickness of ice on top of the gravel. You can then set the adjustment lower without picking up and throwing the gravel. This is not the best idea if you have steep incline on your driveway.

Reactions: rwmeyer

Registered
In my garage: 2020/1025R TLB; Two 455's; 1988 - 322; 1974-140h3; rescue project 314
I had experience with my much larger brand new 47 style blower on road base 5/8" sized gravel and would suggest both packing a snow layer with a truck or your tractor to make a nice dense hard pack first but then still would go 1" or more depending on your rock base using a thin board to drop the blower down onto and adjust shoes from there. if you have uneven driveway or lot to clear, its inevitable you are going to scoop some rocks especially if the first snow is a deep one and impossible to pack like has happened to me first season with the new blower. Needless to say it has battle scars in the throat of the blower and if too deep to start, best starting with a blade until packed nice. It'll save your blower in the long run.

Registered
I run my model 50 on clean crushed 3/4" stone. Use to have regular gravel too. I have the cutting edge set to about 1.25" inches using support wheels on the sides. The axle for them runs threw a brace channel on the tub. Works pretty well. Certainly better than trying to maintain clearance using the hydraulics.
Plant Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts