Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
10,384 Posts
If you need a worker cart, the repainted 80 shown is a reasonable choice for about $150 to $200 or so...depends on the area of the country you are located in. The tailgate has rust through in the lower edge, but not as bad as some I have seen...and the bed looks sound. Not sure what the fresh coat of paint is hiding... Try making an offer.

Chuck

· Registered
886 Posts
$250 is a little on the high side in that condition..... I would pass.

Reactions: Hunterw40

· Registered
2,608 Posts
If it's still there in a couple weeks, take cash and make another offer. All he can do is say no.

· Registered
In my garage: 2020/1025R TLB; Two 455's; 1988 - 322; 1974-140h3;
49 Posts
I paid 350 for one that was refurbished and it works great I use it all the time and put spray paint on it every fall to freshen it up. It looks very similar shape to mine and I've seen them go for $400 in northern wisc. It's nice for tilt bed type trailer hauling mulch, dirt etc..

· Registered
67’ JD 110 - 66’ JD 60
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input y’all, I decided not to go get it. I have an old dump cart from some big box store in the woods behind the house that I’m going to slap some green and yellow spray paint on. Spose it’ll work and look good from a distance till I can find a nice model 80 to put behind the 110 for the shows and parades lol

· Registered
762 Posts
I paid a lot less for a nicer one and it had my 112 stuck to it ;).

Reactions: jd140 and Hunterw40

· Registered
67’ JD 110 - 66’ JD 60
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it's still there in a couple weeks, take cash and make another offer. All he can do is say no.
If he wasn’t so far away I definitely would but really only considered it because I went on a road trip to get a nice 67’ 110 with a few attachments, already have a lawn cart just thought it’d be cool to have an 80 to hook to the new tractor.

· Registered
651 Posts
There was only one picture showing the front/hitch side of the cart and I couldn't see a SN tag on it. Personally I would not buy either a tractor or an attachment without a SN tag, no more than I would purchase a vehicle without a VIN.

· Registered
1951 JD B, 1967 JD 110-Rf, 1969 JD 110-Sf custom, 1972 JD 110-Sf
854 Posts
I've been on a hunt for a couple of carts for behind my 110's. The price sounds good from what you see for sale, but a $20.00 rattle can job doesn't make it worth $250.00. I honestly would pay more for it, if it wasn't repainted. If you do want it, like others said wait a week or 2 and reach out again.

I like your idea on repainting a cart. I have an agrifab 17 I've been debating on painting.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Wood

Also for under 250.00 I built some unique carts/wagons.

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Green

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Tractor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts