Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some horse trading yesterday, let go of Buckwheat...my 22 yr old Tundra with 226K on the clock. Drove home in Spanky: 07 Tundra 4.7L V8 and only 111K...5 spd auto with tow package. It's gonna take a while to learn all the controls, but lookin forward to seeing how many JD GTs I can cram into the bed. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's probably close...I'm no good at metric conversion. The old Ford 300 I6 was a 4.9L, so 283 sounds close. It's really peppy, or seems so after driving a 3.4L V6 for several years...I'm still adjusting to throttle response time.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well after some driving time, I really like it...I was due for an upgrade and it rides/drives real smooth. Mpg varies from 13-14 in town, driving like my/your great auntie, and 16.5 to17.6 down the road at highway speed using the cruise control. I can live with that..

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I always go over a new/used vehicle until my curious nature is quenched a bit. Did a fresh oil change, tranny fluid looks clean and red, pulled a spark plug today (coil on plug) and found good color, checked air filter and adjusted tire air pressure all around. Put a new rubber roof drip molding on cab, figured out the under bed spare is in good shape, and scored a locking lug nut key from the dealer for a decent price. Still learning all the extra controls, beyond the necessities. If it warms up enough tomorrow the supervisor may get his first ride in the new ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Chocolate
The best color of lab, not that I am biased at all from having 2 when I was younger… …miss the old girl, the Golden’s just aren’t quite the same…
Also nice truck.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree...right proper hounds they are. Happy Jack is our 3rd in a row since 2000. I stumbled across PJ, our 1st chocolate shop supervisor, at the pound after losing our Shepard/Wolf cross to old age. He'd been cast off due to divorce. Then came Diesel, a large rowdy cuss who was also epileptic & required a special diet...Diesel & I chased deer together in two states. He was a faithful brown shadow. I found Jack at the pound too after we lost Diesel...you CANNOT neglect your pup exercise duties with Jack around. I had to teach him dog wrassling but he's a quick study and is a master of the surprise body slam takedown now. Loves to ride and swears he can drive...
Lying in wait, ready to pounce...

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts