Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had replaced my starter 1yr and two weeks ago on the 210. The old one, which is what, 40yrs old, was tired and I figured what the hell. let's put a new one on. Bought one of the ones off of fleabay. Worked great for a year and two weeks. Took a dump two days ago. Rooted around and found the OLD one and put it back on for the time being. One year warranty and they wouldn't stretch it for two measly weeks. Oh well. Ordered another one but I sure didn't order from them! Took it apart and it looks like the magnets broke and came loose. Locked up the armature and of course, when I tried to start the next time, smoked the windings. Guess I'll keep the old one again and see how long THIS one lasts! Mike.

·
Registered
1989 318
2,489 Posts
Who did you get it from just for our info? I would imagine most are being made at the same offshore facility?? I got mine from DB Electrical and it has worked for 3 years.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Should of rebuilt the original one. Better than what you get nowadays. A good cleaning, new bushings, and brushes will go along way.

·
Registered
1989 318
2,489 Posts
I kept the one off my 300 when I replaced it a few years ago, I typically do not throw things away that are rebuildable. Yes, I am a pack rat.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell me about it. Cradle bracket broke a couple of years ago. Got a new/used one. Kept the old one! Have a spare variator and of course, have back up belts for both tractors. Gawd, I have too much junk! Mike.

·
Registered
1989 318
2,489 Posts
It is not junk, It is spare parts. If you have them, you will never need them!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got to say, the service was great from OEG. Ordered it on the 10th, got it last night(the 12th) around 4:30. Got it on this morning by 8:30am. Their sales people are doing something right! Identical starter to the one that took a crap. Oh well. Mike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts