Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I’ve searched old posts and came up empty. I’m going to rebuild the steering box in my 67 112. Where do you get the seals? Specifically the felt washer under the steering wheel, and the oval seal on the box?

Reactions: steve_siere

· Registered
38 Posts

· Registered
‘66 110H and a ‘66 110
20 Posts
Can you take pictures and walk us through the procedure a little? Mine are both a little sloppy. I’m going to try the adjustment per the manual but if that doesn’t do the trick, I may rebuild them someday. Thanks.
Ben

· Registered
38 Posts
Yes he should do a little walk threw on the rebuild!!! I have seen a few videos on you tube..it’s not super hard to do

The felt kit from hapco really made the biggest difference in mine,the original was completely gone

They also make “easy steer bearings” I installed one on mine but never could tell a huge difference maybe because I have the snow blade on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve thought about the easy steer bearing. It’s cheap enough that I might do it. Worst case, the lock nut would make it easier to adjust it down the road when it’s back in the tractor.

· Registered
38 Posts
I’ve thought about the easy steer bearing. It’s cheap enough that I might do it. Worst case, the lock nut would make it easier to adjust it down the road when it’s back in the tractor.
Yea that’s the way I looked at it was it’s cheap enough to try..It defiantly easy to adjust with the lock nut..You got more experience then me but the first one I ordered was the 3/4 and it didn’t fit my 69 or 65 so I ordered the 5/8 and it fit like it should..Bob the guy that runs the eBay store is good people

But maybe check your size before ordering just to be sure

Will be watching for the “how to rebuild” thread !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts