Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Here are some pictures Roger posted back in 2016 Rim width has much to do with how the tires behave and look when mounted on narrow versus standard rims.
#4 · Mar 5, 2016

There are a bunch of different people selling these kind of tires. There are also several manufacturers. I think they all use the same molds. I have several pairs of them and most have different names but all are the same sized. Here are 2 pictures of the tires both of which show the same tire on both wide and narrow rims. There is only 1 5/8 of an inch difference in the rim width. Roger​
Attachments
Chuck

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some pictures Roger posted back in 2016 Rim width has much to do with how the tires behave and look when mounted on narrow versus standard rims.
#4 · Mar 5, 2016

There are a bunch of different people selling these kind of tires. There are also several manufacturers. I think they all use the same molds. I have several pairs of them and most have different names but all are the same sized. Here are 2 pictures of the tires both of which show the same tire on both wide and narrow rims. There is only 1 5/8 of an inch difference in the rim width. Roger​
Attachments
Chuck
Thx man

· Registered
1990 John Deere 318
20 Posts
Can you fit 18/8.5/8 tires on stock 318 front rims
Yes! I put 18x8x8 V61 on the stock front wheels of my 318. They fit just fine, but turning all the way to the left they will hit the power steering cylinder. They clear the 50” deck just fine as well. I also have 26x12x12 Carlisle HD Field Trax on the rear. It’s a great set up IMO.
- Michael
Tire Cloud Sky Wheel Plant

· Registered
635 Posts
Michael, I used a short pipe nipple held in place with a hose clamp on the front axle to prevent the tire rub on the steering cylinder. Took a few minutes with items at hand and works well.

Reactions: wilder318

· Registered
1990 John Deere 318
20 Posts
Michael, I used a short pipe nipple held in place with a hose clamp on the front axle to prevent the tire rub on the steering cylinder. Took a few minutes with items at hand and works well.
I’m going to give that a shot! Thank you! I’m feeling a bit silly for not thinking about something simple like that. Although, I’ve gotten quite good at not turning all the way to the left!

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sw
I’m going to give that a shot! Thank you! I’m feeling a bit silly for not thinking about something simple like that. Although, I’ve gotten quite good at not turning all the way to the left!
Sweet
Yes! I put 18x8x8 V61 on the stock front wheels of my 318. They fit just fine, but turning all the way to the left they will hit the power steering cylinder. They clear the 50” deck just fine as well. I also have 26x12x12 Carlisle HD Field Trax on the rear. It’s a great set up IMO.
- Michael
View attachment 284009
Thx

· Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Kenny,

I hope you got enough information on the Tri-Rib tires and the rims they fit that you were initially inquiring about, as well as all the pictures of the V61 style ribbed front tires...

Chuck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts