Weekend Freedom Machines banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Idler probably needs to be a sprocket to help prevent it from jumping off. Is current idler sitting crooked?
I don't know if it's lens compression or an optical illusion, but it does look like it's crooked. It looks like it's pointing over at the pillow block/arm. ETA: Almost like the arm the idler pulley is on has a little bit of twist in it. I would think if you could get that clevis further out on the arm towards the pulley it might take some of that twist out (assuming it's not an optical illusion) o_O .

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Idler probably needs to be a sprocket to help prevent it from jumping off. Is current idler sitting crooked?
Idler is a little bit at a angle but the chain comes off on the bottom of the sprocket and looking at the manual my idler needs to be pulling up on the chain at the bottom?

just looking for a better picture of how this is suppose to be is all

Attachments

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I don't know if it's lens compression or an optical illusion, but it does look like it's crooked. It looks like it's pointing over at the pillow block/arm.
the Idler is a little off the bushing in the back of the arm is not in the best of shape.

I need to revamp this setup and get it back correct for now I was able to make it work and get what I needed done but am hoping for a Nice Pic of how 1 is suppose to be so I can try and make it that way again.

the chain would come off on the the bottom of the brush sprocket. It would kick off to the right then I spaced out the idler pulley and then would kick out to the left, removed spacer and back to kicking off to the right but not as often.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I wonder if that spring on the diagram doesn't help a bit more with keeping the chain on, especially since you mention the chain derailing on the bottom. If you could get back to a spring pulling up on it, it might work crooked or not. Rather than the solid connection you have. It looks like a spring and a little reconfiguring of what you have, might work. Be worth a try before re-engineering all of it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I wonder if that spring on the diagram doesn't help a bit more with keeping the chain on, especially since you mention the chain derailing on the bottom. If you could get back to a spring pulling up on it, it might work crooked or not. Rather than the solid connection you have. It looks like a spring and a little reconfiguring of what you have, might work. Be worth a try before re-engineering all of it.
yep I had a spring on this where the chain was and it would only run for a little bit then throw the chain off.

put the chain there and made it solid and got what I needed done.

but need to make this work correct and not how I have it now and with what I found in that diagram I'll be moving that idler pulley to have it pulling up on the chain before it gets to the sprocket on the brush.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Idler pulley allows chain to move from side to side to much. A sprocket would work much better because it is always lining it self up for the next tooth. Just my opinion though. Not to mention that the chain will eventually wear the idler pulley.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Idler pulley allows chain to move from side to side to much. A sprocket would work much better because it is always lining it self up for the next tooth. Just my opinion though. Not to mention that the chain will eventually wear the idler pulley.
that is a good idea as well may give that a try also. thinking the
biggest things to due is to get that idler pulley moved to the underside and putting tension on the chain before it gets to the broom sprocket. also to get a new bushing so that the idler sprocket will stay aligned with the sprockets as well

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Looking great Sublime!
And what is it with this stupid forum not giving me new post notifications... didn't realize there had been any updates until I looked under the new tab.

Reactions: sublime68charger

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Deere317 why are you asking Matt this question on his post? Your question needs to be sent to Admin in the Community Help Forum ... Weekend Freedom Machines

Gabby

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
just for my reference I'm looking at old sweepster post and found this

for when I need brush's might give them a try

for now I'm just looking at sweepster pics and watching TV with the wife! and looking out at the 3" of snow we got today!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Deere317 why are you asking Matt this question on his post? Your question needs to be sent to Admin in the Community Help Forum ... Weekend Freedom Machines

Gabby
More a frustrated/annoyed side note/rhetorical question as I was subscribed to this thread but didn’t receive notifications about any posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
More a frustrated/annoyed side note/rhetorical question as I was subscribed to this thread but didn’t receive notifications about any posts
good to know I have not had any problems and getting update notes as per usual so its not a system wide thing or maybe just a 1 time glitch.
I here you on the frustrated annoyed side note, Registrary anyone? but at least now we can reference back to what is was.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Matt, I apologize for stepping into your post to help Deere317.
  • click Home button (left of 3 dots)
  • click on Account Settings
  • left side of screen click on Preferences
  • Scroll down page to following section
  • Content options
    • Automatically watch content you create…
      • and receive email notifications
    • Automatically watch content you interact with…
  • I suspect one of these is not checked.
I understand our Admin is not desirable to all of us but you have to give them a chance to help. Snide comments thrown into the middle of irrelevant posts is not the way to get help for a problem.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Matt, I apologize for stepping into your post to help Deere317.
  • click Home button (left of 3 dots)
  • click on Account Settings
  • left side of screen click on Preferences
  • Scroll down page to following section
  • Content options
    • Automatically watch content you create…
    • Automatically watch content you interact with…
  • I suspect one of these is not checked.
I understand our Admin is not desirable to all of us but you have to give them a chance to help. Snide comments thrown into the middle of irrelevant posts is not the way to get help for a problem.
Have every notification box (except the receive email one as I'm not interested in multiple emails a day for what I see whenever I visit here) checked. So probably VS/XenForo doing their thing.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Create a post in the Community Help Forum and present the issue you are having to the experts. I am only a mechanic. Good luck ... Gabby

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Create a post in the Community Help Forum and present the issue you are having to the experts. I am only a mechanic. Good luck ... Gabby
May do that if it manages to irritate me enough, may just be it telling me to actually look at what has been posted today rather than just check notifications.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Matt, I pretty have the same sweeper as yours, except mine is for the gear drive tractors. On mine, there's a tension sprocket mounted on the underside. The arm and spring pull to the rear of the tractor.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts