Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 318 loader tractor it came with a poorly made weight bracket that wobbled all over the place and basically looked like crap. I took it off and it and the weights for it have been sitting in the corner of my shop for over a year now.

The weights themselves look fine. They are 3/4 inch plate and a gang of 4 of them tip the scale at 61 pounds. The problem is that I either need to get more of them to put on a better weight bracket or just get rid of these altogether and go a different route.

Does anyone recognize them?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Agree, look to be homemade to me. I know some pullers use weights like these to get the perfect weight they want to pull with. Depending on where you are and price i might be interested if you decide to go a different route.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd somewhat assumed homemade but these are obviously CNC cut either a really nice plasma or a waterjet. I've seen the garden tractor puller versions and those are usually not this heavy. I was hoping maybe somebody somewhere was offering them up.

·
Super Moderator
3,602 Posts
I have seen them when I was looking at weights but I don't remember where I find them. I'll have to google that again.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Maybe see why the weight bracket wobbles. Honest weights are weights. If you don't like them wobbling you could go fluid filled rear tires.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The weight bracket is based on a poorly made 2 inch receiver and then raised up high and wide I'm assuming to avoid the accessibility of the hitch. It's been replaced with a much better designed one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts