Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is giving the 455 a Good Bath and cleaning.. She didn't look the same when I got done with her..More I have this one--More I think its another Great Deere.

Love My Old Deere!

(Message edited by TREED on June 15, 2012)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Here it is after the Bath, I cleaned the Deck and all good and spot painted it also. Course did service on it and Tractor too during this clean up..She's ready to Go! Love My Old Deere's!

Dave

(Message edited by TREED on June 15, 2012)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Dave

That is indeed one fine looking machine.
Just so you know though yesterday was Thursday not Saturday.

AJ

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thats what I figured Dave.
Still a fine looking machine.

AJ

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ran a search but didn't see what I was looking for. I am currently in the middle of switching from electric to hydraulic lift on my 216. I've been following the instruction sheet as best I can, but since it was written for converting from a manual lift, i'm running into a few issues. I'm at the point where I need to install the hydraulic ram into the tractor, but I can't figure out how to get the electric ram out. The instructions reference parts I don't see in my tractor, and I don't see how the front part of the electric lift comes out. It looks to me like all the pieces are welded. So can anyone who has done this swap tell me what I'm missing?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Josh, the front part is the lift shaft the manual lever would go it? It has a small bolt on the rockshaft arm, just above the pin that goes through the cylinder. Remove that bolt, and it will free up a tab, use that tab to unscrew the front pin. That pin is actually threaded together. Lefty loosey as always. If the rear pin is the same as the hydraulic one, it has 3 cotter pins that all needed to come out. Its kind of a jigsaw puzzle. Also having the rear tire and fender pan off makes it easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.