Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ball shape handle on my 318 tends to aggravate the arthritis in my right hand if I'm doing a lot of reversing while mowing.
Has anyone tried a T handle like was on the floor mounted trannys of the 60s cars?

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I saw a 140 with a Hurst one once. The 140, the lever is already threaded, so it probably just screwed right on!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi guys, I'm working on a friend's F-935 Diesel. It stalls out and dies after a brief warm up of about 10 minutes. I've done a pretty complete evaluation of the fuel supply. New filter, checked electric fuel pump, hoses, tanks, selector valve, etc. I am getting all kinds of fresh fuel to the injection pump. Do I need to take off the injection pump or the injectors to a local diesel shop for rebuild? Give me some ideas please. This mower is about a 1988 I believe. Thanks, Fred

·
Registered
571 Posts
Fred,

Is the engine under a load when it dies?
Is the fuel shutoff solenoid still operated when it dies?
Did you check the pickup lines in the tanks?

George of Buford

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes under a load it kills out. Fuel solenoid is still shoved clear forward to let fuel in also. I checked pickup lines too. A JD service man suggested I check to see that it can return fuel as well. Hmmm... Feels like vapor lock. Yep I did check on the vented fuel cap. It's ok. Probably something really simple. Meanwhile the grass grows...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well I found out the problem with the F-935 Diesel. After replacing the fuel filter and about 15 feet of fuel hose and hours of frustration I finally gave in and took the injection pump and injectors to a local diesel shop. They could tell by the look and odor I guess that somebody put gas in those fuel tanks. Wow that never crossed my mind. I gotta spend my 4th re-installing all this stuff including another new fuel filter and figuring out how to get all the fuel and gas out of the tanks and blowing out all the lines. Anyway just passing this on so others may learn as I do. (school of hard knocks)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.