Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Chad.. either that or 3 really nice low mile 430's. Or put another way, you could buy a Cobra kit car and a donor 5.0 Mustang for that much money (don't tell my wife I've been researching that).

Army

·
Banned
78 Posts
army - just in case you have some "free time" - Factory Five’s Annual Open House on Saturday, June 13th - did a factory tour a few years ago - great setup and design - car shows up as numbered boxes - just don't open them out of order

·
Registered
299 Posts
Can't say I like it, not even a little bit. Looks like something someone would fire up just before saying "hey ya'll, watch this", usually followed by a loud crash, maybe a fireball, and later, receiving friends at a tailgate party.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Art.. I already have the 5.0 donor car. All I need now is $13,500 US. Does anybody want to buy a 214 with a 210 engine for that much? ..anybody? ...anybody? No takers huh? Okay, I'll throw in my wife's dog but you have to dig the hole yourself.

Army

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Is that a cub cadet exhaust on that gold mine 430?

·
Banned
208 Posts
Yepper Mike, thats the Kubota muffler, used on both diesel cubs and other Kubota models used on that gold mine 430! I cant imagine the stress on the axle shafts with those duels on the rear. Defintaly a show tractor only.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Army,
I need your engine doner....not really this one runs like a top and has only 84000 miles on it. can you guess the make and year?? As far as the wife goes.....It is easier to ask for forgiveness after getting something than it is to ask for permission before. you might think this is a little off subject but I traded a 1995 john deere f525 for the car. dang I almost felt guilty!!! The wife hates the car. but calls it her future Corvette!!

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Chad,

All the middle 1950 Nash products had that enduring, timeless kind of ugly, much like the late 40's / early 50's bullet nosed Studebaker.

At one time in the late 60's I bought a little Metropolitan (Nash bodywork, Austin A40 running gear) for just $50 with 11,000 miles on it. My daughter was pre-school at the time and called it the "Metropotomus." Wish I had it now, they are worth a lot today. It had the dash mounted shift lever just like yours -- man those things can get really sloppy and remote feeling!

My guess is your Nash is a '54 or '55...but I'm no expert.

Chuck

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Chad.. I have that old Nash on my list of cars I never want to change a tire on

Chuck.. are you related to Billy Crystal?

Army

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Mark,

The little Metro was deceivingly agile in tight quarters, but the real "canyon burner" small car I had was the 1962 BMW 700 Sports Coupe -- only two cylinders (like the BMW bike...) but well balanced and cute for its era. The Lotus Europa I had after that was also quite good at handling the curves...and both of these cars were small/light enough to get over 40 MPG.

The little BMW was never sold in this country so the few that were here were brought in by individuals (I bought mine well used and fixed it up...) so here is what one looks like for those who never have seen one.

Chuck

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hey Chuck,
You were a good looking guy! What happened??

My Grandfather had that exact same Stude. It may have even been the same cream color. Can't tell from the B&W photo. Guess what my Grandpappy did for a living while he owned that car............................................He drove an Oscar Mayer Wiener mobile!

Jim A.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.