Weekend Freedom Machines banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I guess I should have bolted it onto one of my RER's
It is an interesting (read ugly) seat, and honestly, thanks for posting images of it. It is the ugliest seat so far in this thread.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Chris definitely has the ugliest seat known to man, so you gotta ask yourself "Is anything on a John Deere ​really ugly?" :drinks:

Reactions: chuckv

·
Registered
173 Posts
We also have a JD 180 with a terrible seat but I don't have any pics right now. When I get some I'll add them to this post.
Heres the pic of our 180's ugly seat. Screenshot_2018-04-22-14-15-17.jpg

Reactions: T-Mo

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Clearly "ugly" is in the eye (or perhaps other anatomical parts...) of the beholder... :lol:

...that little flaw in an otherwise pristine 24 year old seat is a very real disappointment to you for sure of course

Chuck

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It should not be hard to fill this thread with 200 pages in no time. JD seat covers fall apart very easy. I have a few I can share. The seat with the furry growth takes the cake LOL...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ok got some pics of some ugly seats.

Attachments

Reactions: lt230s and T-Mo

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
:lol: Yup,there's a few

·
Registered
266 Posts
One more

Let me add one more. the PO was a master with tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
The shag carpet seat probably seemed like a good idea at the time...it is outside the rules of this thread, but proves that some companies/firms were green/organic long before it became a lifestyle choice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This beauty came with a 214 I bought for $200, appeared to be a home for rodents. It was in a barn for a few years.

1012181647-00.jpg

I wish I could find some of the same seat covers. The "baggy pants" type they sell these days with the pockets just don't do it for me.

Here is the seat that replaced it, it cost me $80 dollars, almost half of what I paid for the tractor. I paid a premium for it because it was mint and local.

0923181844-00.jpg

(Still looking for a few good 200 series seats and one good seat to fit a 68 RER)

I can't stand torn up seats.

The before pic:

1012181313-00.jpg

The after pic:

44039978_2096548423730744_6145616928015646720_o.jpg

Paid another $40 to get some nice side covers.

Sent it to a great local small engine shop, he went over it, replaced a few things and got running at a 100%. ($225)

I changed all the fluids and lubed it up. ($25)

$570
-$150 sold the 38 deck
+$40 replacement 46 deck (was in pieces had to repaint and assemble)
____
$460 total

In this case, the roached out seat got the money flowing to make it look and run right....

Funny how that happens, it's a strong running beast. Competes with the 212 for the alpha male status of the pack.

It is currently assigned to plow duty until spring.

1103181104-00.jpg

They way I justified this expenditure with my better half was to point out how much we are saving not having to pay someone to plow the driveway. Of course, so far this year, no real snow ... yet.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Cool...especially like the grille guard/bull bar and anchor ring. Hoping my in-the-works 214 rescue comes out as nice. Seat isn't especially ugly, but has seen it's share of abuse...like the rest of the machine. Some PO's are ruthless/clueless.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My 400 needs a new seat. With that cover in it i barely notice how crappy it is. There was mouse nest in it when i bought the tractor. After 4 washings the cover no longer stinks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cool...especially like the grille guard/bull bar and anchor ring. Hoping my in-the-works 214 rescue comes out as nice. Seat isn't especially ugly, but has seen it's share of abuse...like the rest of the machine. Some PO's are ruthless/clueless.
Thanks, this 214 barn find was definitely a diamond in the rough.

I've been trying to sell the custom guard/pull bar thingy on CL and FB Marketplace, but I may keep it because I have a bunch of trees that need to be pulled out the woods and cut up for fire wood.

1102181012-00.jpg

1102181013-00.jpg

It also came with this homemade weight box, which I'm using until I find something that looks better.

1012181646-00.jpg

I love saving these old machines.

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought this one at an auction. Yes, those are two small trees starting to grow from the seat. 6936209.jpg

Reactions: Grant Baker
21 - 40 of 42 Posts