Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have owned this John Deere 165 hydro-static drive lawn tractor for over a year now. I have used it allot and put a fair amount of work into it. The friend who recommended me getting it has a larger more useful tractor for sale I want but sadly its not a John Deere. The 165 has ran amazingly after I gave it a small tuning when I first got it. She has her flaws and very noticeable blemishes but she has been hard working since day 1. What would you pay for this machine? I am in Wisconsin where snowblowing and pushing is a winters chore here regularly.

What will be included
  • John Deere 165 Hydro lawn tractor
  • 38" Deck
  • 38"Single stage Snow blower
  • 38" Push blade (needs new linkage)
  • A pair of rear tire chains
  • A JD green tool box
  • Possibly my DIY weight rack

I have done
  • Oil change
  • Hydrostatic oil change
  • Added 2" receiver
  • Added hour meter
  • Added Headlights
  • New deck belt
  • New airfilter plus spare prefilters
  • Blades were sharpened begging of last summer
  • Snowblower drive and tensioner serviced
  • Made spareparts tool box

What I will do before I sell it
  • Needs new drivebelt
  • Fresh oil change
  • Pressure wash underbody, deck, snowblower etc
  • Resharpen blades

I have added some photos below and am hoping to add more to my profiles Albums soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
I would agree $250-$350 is a fair price here in WI. You may see them listed for more, sometimes alot more, but they don't sell for that much. Unfortuntely I would have to say that your add-ons and modifications are hurting the value a considerable amount. Aesthetics is everything when it comes to older stuff.

Ryan

Reactions: Subtle Ranch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys and the add ons were just as an ease of use for me as being shorter days in the winter the lights were laying around so I put them on. The tractor itself I did not think would have much value as it was always beat up. I have seen some for sale for stupidly high rates which confused me as I figured anyone buying a tractor for $600+ would put it into something with serious power and potential.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have no doubt that there are plenty of mods people do that are very beneficial, myself included, but sometimes they are not desired by all so you have to find a buyer that wants the extras that you have added. You have a nice set of attachments incuded and I believe that will help with the sale. Good luck!

Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts