Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1951 JD B, 1967 JD 110-Rf, 1969 JD 110-Sf custom, 1972 JD 110-Sf
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone is entitled to ask whatever selling price on something but kind of had to laugh at this.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

When I was doing research and tractor shopping last winter. Numerous posts came up of beat up, worn out poppers going more than restored farmall h's or m's for the " collector value "

With 3 new tires, fenders, rollamatic, great tin, and an older repaint, $1700, was a steal on mine. I better put it up for $5000.00 .

Any interest?

· Registered
3,350 Posts
I take it the he doesn’t realize that power lift uses hydraulics…? Or that they run weather or not you use them and generally make bad noises when broken?

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take it the he doesn’t realize that power lift uses hydraulics…? Or that they run weather or not you use them and generally make bad noises when broken?
Yeah I kind of doubt it. Seems like copied info off tractor house or some place. It gives me the vibe of he bought this tractor at an auction cheap and trying to flip it, but giving it a back story.

I always laugh at seeing something on a consignment lot then a few hours later see it on Craigslist with it still on the trailer or the auction lot picture being used with some outrageous price or back story.

· Registered
8,979 Posts

· Registered
3,350 Posts

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Seeing lots of stupid ads these days. This guy might get a couple hundred but we're 7 days into Oct so probably not.
Wow. There was 1 on a consignment lot this past spring same condition. Guy won it for 40.00. Was trying to sell it for 200.00 with a made up back story. For entertainment I messaged him a picture from the auction and said 50.00?? 10.00 for your gas bringing it home. He said no thanks......down to 90.00 now with out the back story.

· Registered
8,979 Posts
Free ads are the cause of idiotic pricing. One of the lines I hate the most is 'just testing the waters'. It's just another way of saying they hope somebody is stupid enough to pay a ridiculous price for their junk. Sometimes they do but not often enough for paid ads.

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Free ads are the cause of idiotic pricing. One of the lines I hate the most is 'just testing the waters'. It's just another way of saying they hope somebody is stupid enough to pay a ridiculous price for their junk. Sometimes they do but not often enough for paid ads.
Yup or " make an offer" you throw a fair and close number to them on your best judgment and then they reply " we were thinking xxx amount".........why didn't you just say that ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts