Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry for starting another MCS thread, but I've gone through the archives and my head is spinning a little from all the information. I was wondering if some one could clarify something for me.

I could be picking up this MCS for my '88 318 with 50" deck. I believe I need a 2000 rpm rear pto to drive this even though it looks like it's belt driven (I'm waiting to hear back as to which specific model MCS it is, but it does fit a 50" deck).

Do I need a 2000 rpm pto regardless of which MCS this is? In reading the archives it's my understanding that some MCS' are belt driven off the rear pto and some are driven by a shaft. Is this correct?

I know these questions are premature given I don't even know which model this yet, but I become obsessed over things like this much to my wife's dismay.

Thank you,
Chuck

·
Banned
42 Posts
Chuck
If it is a belt driven model. you will need a rear PTO,but not the same as a tiller would use.The clutch is the same but instead of the gear box it will need the shaft w/pully.
Only seen a couple on #bay in the last year.
If you check out JD parts online it should show you what parts you need to run it.
Dennis

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone, but She Who Must be Obeyed shot down this system when she found out the shipping costs. Looks like I'm still looking.

If anyone is near to WI and wants a MCS email me and I'll send you the link. (Is that ok moderators?)

Chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.