Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A FEW TIMES IN OUR LIVES WE RUN ACROSS A GROUP OF FOLKS THAT WE CONSIDER JUST GOOD PEOPLE. THEY BECOME THE ONES WE CAN DEPEND ON AND TRUST. SUCH
IS THE GROUP FROM WFM. I AM LONG IN THE TOOTH AND WON'T HAVE A LOT MORE OF THESE EXPERIENCES. I WOULD LIKE TO WISH EVERYONE MERRY CHRISTMAS AND
A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND THE WISH THAT WE REMEMBER THE FUTURE IS IN THE KIDS.. JERRY SHEETS

·
Registered
173 Posts
Jerry,
I too would like to wish all a Happy Holiday. This site is a place to gather, share, and express our thoughts and opinions. Good bad and otherwise, jokes, and warm wishes. I have not been on long and feel that I know more people from here than any of my other travels, work, etc. Always nice to see what someone else thinks, and what a great way to gain insight and knowledge but to share it. I don't know the situation, but I sure hope to get to know you better in the future and learn from you, a day, a week, a month, we are blessed to have you and will take what we can get. Thanks Jerry.

·
Registered
318 W/ 48" deck, hyd tiller, 49 snowblower, 519 cart. Traded in
113 Posts
Hi, Guy's I have 425 with a 54 deck sharpe blades. When mowing the grass is pushed over i can drive slow or faster it's the same i do have the blow out kit on. Is there a way to speed up the blade speed like you could do on the 318's. The yard dose not look very good ??

Thank You
Rod in MN

·
Registered
113 Posts
yes the blades are correctly. Dose not make any different on what blades i use standard. high lift or gator blades. Will have to check the pulley if the belt is running in the bottom of the pulley .

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Is it possible that the pto speed is off due to transaxle hydraulic pressure to pto is weak ? Do you by chance have a rear PTo installed on on your tractor ? Other members have had that problem , due to an oblong O-ring on the rear Trans-axle cover plate that gets mis-shapened . It effectively reduces oil pressure at pto output , causing a slow turning (slipping) PtO shaft . Might want to check the Pto output speed . Most would agree that those decks do a very good job turning at factory speed . I have a few , only 60"ers .

Blade belt tensioner spring and/or snubber (if so equipped) adjuster could be too loose , causing belt to slip . Check the obvious and easiest stuff first (deck belt and spring tensioner) .

Just some food for thought .

Dave

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi, Guy's I do not have rear pto. I was thinking that if the pressure was low for the pto that the disk could be slipping what should the pressure be and do you check it i do not have a service book for it

Thank You
Rod in MN

·
Registered
113 Posts
Tim, Yes i checked the deck front to back the front may be a little bit lower then 1/4. I have to check if the belt is running in the bottom of the pulley. Or if the spring tightener is bottom out hitting the stop

Thank You
Rod in MN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.