Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GX 95, 12.5 kawasaki,} Replaced ignitor & plug wire. no spark. tested lead to ignitor am getting .14v key on, .09v cranking. Not sure what it should be? Any ideas?
thanks for your help.

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Mike you should not be getting any voltage at the ignitor. Something is wired wrong. Voltage will burn it out as it may have already done to the new one. Not sure what it is but it could be a bad ignition switch or the wiring has been messed with.. The switch is only there to ground the ignition to stop the motor. Find out where the problem is coming from. You are running into why some of the new machines need to be repaired by a dealer. Roger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GX 95 NO SPARK ROGER, thanks for the info. I finally got a wiring diagram. I have been calling the coil the ignitor!!! So my information has been invalid for you. I replaced the coil not the ignitor, so I will do the ignitor next. Thanks for the heads up on the voltage in the white wire comming from the ignitor to the coil. The reason I ended up with this mower is that JD dealer couldn't repair it. They thought it was a bad flywheel and a flywheel wasn't available.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Best way to flush a gear box like that is to drain well and refill with new gear lube, drive it as much as you want and change it again.
Seems the shifter allows water to get in there so cover that area well if it sits out.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Kerosene is used as a basic parts cleaner, and it is compatible with gear oil. If you flush it, I'd still let it vent and dry for a day before closing it and re-filling it, because it would lower the viscosity of your oil if you leave too much behind

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I always change oil on a new purchase and flush out all the crud I can. Use diesel fuel.

After I drain it, I pull the shifter off. Pour in some gas and let it run out the bottom carrying the goo. Then flush with diesel. Then I fill her up and roll it back/forth in the shop a few times. Drain/flush and repeat.

Then I allow things to drip for a few days and fill her up with gear lube through the shifter hole. Button up and drive it like I stole it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I like to drain the old junk out, put in a couple or 3 quarts of kerosene, jack one side of the tractor up so 1 rear wheel is off the ground. Spin the wheel by hand for a minute or 2, let the jack down and do it all over again with the other rear wheel off the ground. Drain it all out, let it drip for as long as necessary, re-fill with your choice of gear oil. I like Mobil 1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.