Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't/can't find a couple items in the JD parts catalog(s) ... anyone know of how/where I could obtain the plastic connector from a TDC module and/or the yellow PTO switch cap new? Thanks, Bryan.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Bryan, I believe these are Packard/Delphi 56 connectors. Do an online search and you should find the 3 configurations that you need. When you remove the wires, USE CAUTION! They MUST be in the same location in the new connectors! Bob

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
If nothing new is available, Perhaps a tractor salvage yard will be able to source out the plastic plug for you.

·
Registered
693 Posts
the yellow PTO switch cap new? Thanks, Bryan.
Mean the yellow colored cover on the PTO switch handle? Those things do wear and also often come off, get lost.
That little plastic or rubber piece - probably not possible to get alone from JD - may have to buy an entire new PTO switch.
Check hardware stores, home improvement centers, for plugs, masking caps, thread protectors, for one that will fit.
Might be tough to find a yellow one that goes on there just right - may have to opt for another color or try something else.

·
Registered
297 Posts
New PTO switch caps or covers can be found on ebay. Search on "318 PTO switch grip".

Reactions: redbarn110

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Reactions: redbarn110

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all for the feedback. Some of my switch grips are torn, gone, or just won't clean up, so I'd like to replace ... need the TDC connector with the old one as brittle as it is ... wonder if some new/old ones might be floatin' around out there somewhere ... if I find, I'll try to post here ... thanks again!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have a "For Parts Only" TDCM listed on eBay. Not sure if this will help you out - 265334409605

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reference Ken.

Also trying to find the electrical connector (#3 - HE323-1254 in pic) ... local dealer says out of production and only 4 locations have any on hand, 2 of which are in Alberta, Canada. Greenmark Equipment in Mishawaka, IN has 3 of 'em but wants $25 to ship 'em via ground ... my sense of justice won't allow me to do that! Anyone know someone in that area who'd like to make a couple bucks?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Thanks for the reference Ken.

Also trying to find the electrical connector (#3 - HE323-1254 in pic) ... local dealer says out of production and only 4 locations have any on hand, 2 of which are in Alberta, Canada. Greenmark Equipment in Mishawaka, IN has 3 of 'em but wants $25 to ship 'em via ground ... my sense of justice won't allow me to do that! Anyone know someone in that area who'd like to make a couple bucks?
Now that harnes does use the GM type 56 connectors, available on Amazon, eBay, local auto stores.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Why don't you make the harness yourself. The connectors should all be available at your Deere dealer and auto parts store has wire. I make my own harnesses often.

Sorry, I didn't read your last post correctly. You need 3-way connector. I buy them from my dealer. If your dealer does not handle them let me know. Problem is the cost of shipping is going up.

Reactions: bloodrunsgreen

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gabby ... my dealer tells me the 3-way connector is only available at 2 locations in the states, one in IN and another in MI ... if you can get hold of some, I'd certainly appreciate it and reimburse for everything .... Thx, Bryan.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
HE323-1254 is the male portion of connector. Deere cost is $1.15. The complete harness is $32.46. Are you sure the price your dealer quoted is not for the complete harness.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gabby ... believe it would be the female portion to the connector assembly coming from the tractor ... I'm getting the same cost of $1.15 , just no availability. Said it was out of production and gave me a printout of 4 locations with any on hand ...

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
I should have both male and female in the garage. I need to stop at Deere dealer to get a couple of headlights for the 120; will check to see if the connectors are still available.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gabby ... if you could manage to get 3-4, grab 'em and I'll certainly reimburse for any/all costs to ship ... Thx, Bryan

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
I did stop at Deere dealer and they had 3 way connectors like I have. Sorry for blurry photos.
Bumper Wood Cable Automotive exterior Flooring Automotive tire Hood Wood Asphalt Road surface
Problem is the 3 way connector that attaches to the PTO switch is wider and not as tall.
Communication Device Finger Wood Thumb Gadget
My connector will not connect to PTO switch,

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Looks like you are after voltage regulator plug.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts