Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 John deere 455 and am looking to get another set of tires/rims. I'm currently running 26x12x12 Turf tires. I would like to buy a set of AG tires for when i'm running my ripper/subsoiler.

My question is, Do I have to worry about any interference issues (to the deck or body) with a brand new set of 26" AG tires?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
If you stay with that size (same as factory) you should not have any fit problems. It is when you go bigger you run into problems. Make sure the rims are the same width and offset as what you are using now. Roger

·
Registered
2 Posts
You shouldn't have any issues if you stay the same size, I will warn you that once you go with a bar type tire you will never go back to a turf tire..

·
Registered
58 Posts
You shouldn't have any issues if you stay the same size, I will warn you that once you go with a bar type tire you will never go back to a turf tire..
This really depends on what your purpose is for the tractor. For example, I would never run bar type tires on my JD 445 to cut my grass, as the tires would make a big mess of my yard. Bar tires are great for AG purposes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts