Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm missing turnbuckle for my 30 tiller, would like to know length? it is on a 1967 112 round fender, would also live to know main belt length and size if anybody knows, tks it's belt that goes from tiller to tractor.

It's number 14

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill I just cut a short piece of pipe, and welded a left hand nut on one side and right hand on the other, I left enough hex so I can just adjust it with a wrench, not concerned about looking original right now, total cost so far is $3:88, I will try and post a pic of it on tiller, it is 5/8 course thread btw,

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill I recommend picking up a left hand and right hand nut at your local fastener shop, swing by a welding shop just before break, it might cost you a coffee, or a couple beer on Friday afternoon,

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I guess my tiller will not be running quite as soon as I planned, got a pto problem, tiller came of my 66h which is currently being restored. I'm installing on my 67 which came with a 46" mowing deck. It looks to me like I gotta use pto/mule drive off 66"

67 2 belt pto drive

66 1 belt pto

I did get turnbuckle installed, seems to work well

Any comments or info would be appreciated,

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Years ago someone on Wfm was having a heck of a time getting everything related to the belts adjusted, they had to move the rearend/hitch to the froward holes. your transaxle is in the rear holes. A normal tiller belt is 5/8" wide, it may work in the 1/2" groves. Here is the 67 112 with the extra tiller pulley

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
From what I understand you take the nut off the outside pulley on your mule and this pulley threads on. I think it is threaded. I just picked up my tiller as part of a bunch of stuff including a non-running 112H ( left out in rain with no hood and with spark plug out and intake valve is stuck open, plus several other issues) I crawled around in the dirt and through leaves to find that mule drive with the famous pulley. Isn't that 1 pulley mule from a 110?

Question: I found a turnbuckle on ebay but it is 4.75 inches long. Do you think that will be too long? I read the specs were 3.5

Let me know if you need more info on that mule drive, I can see what I can do to get more info.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Edward and Bill thank you so much for info, between picture and your info Bill, I figured out my 66 mule drive pulley comes of and threads right on my 67, maybe I should have known that already, sometimes between long hours at work and kids I miss obvious things.lol, I will post a couple pics when I get new belt, hopefully by weekend, weather looking better.

Bill, as far as length on turnbuckle goes,I'm not sure yet, never tried mine except in garage but I will let you know, I made mine 3.5" I do think 4.75" would be a little long,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.