Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My mission is to install a Power Flow bagging system on my 318 before fall arrives. This past weekend I purchased a Power Flow unit that matches up to my 48" replacement deck. I need to order the sheave and the rear deck bracket and that will be it for the deck install.

I need to know who is using what for the rear bagging setup. I contacted the dealer and they said only 318 parts would fit and that many of the part are not available. The dealer also said that I would have to remove the JD 3 point hitch. I spent time on JD Parts but I am concerned that if I start ordering items that I think will fit only to fing that some do and some don't.

I am curious if anyone has had any luck retro fitting newer bagging setups.

·
Banned
461 Posts
Robert - Your dealer is right. Only parts called out four use on the 318, will work for the Power-Flow. And, many of the parts are no longer available for the Power-Flow setup for the 318. I think the main bracket that mounts under the differential that supports the canopy and the bags is one such item. It was almost $300 when I had to buy one about 5 years ago. The 3-point will have to come off as well.

Have you considered the MC519? It's a cart setup that collects the leaves and grass picked up by the Power-Flow boot, and may allow the 3-point to remain. They show up for sale every once in awhile. - Dave

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hi Guy's. I have the two bag power-flow system on my 318/50" deck. Although I do remove the lower 3pt arms when mowing (and using the bagger), that is all that has to come off, you can leave the upper 3pt rockshaft on as it will clear the bags. I think it only takes about 3 minutes to unscrew the drop links and pull the pins for the lower arms.

If you watch the classifieds, or put a wanted to buy ad up, you can find these baggers, sometimes minus the power-flow head somewhat reasonable.

Kent

·
Registered
341 Posts
Robert any rear bagger for power flo will work. I don't know what one I have on my 318. I bought a complete system on ebay 3-4 years ago for a newer smaller yard tractor. I just made a bracket to attach to drawbar. I have 48 replacement deck. I have a simplicity-allis on my 46 deck.
gp

·
Banned
461 Posts
Andre - The bracket on the right is the one I used to have. It got damaged somehow, and had to order a new one. The one on the left was the only one available at the time. Of course, it was about $80 more. Having had both styles, I preferred the bracket on the left. - Dave

·
Registered
226 Posts
My last message got deleted...I guess it was too close to an ad. I have the bracket 3A, but it will do you no good unless you get post 1A. Anyway, I have a collection system that I adapted from a different tractor (the new 100 series, SRX and others), so it can be done. If you find one for a different tractor, let me know and perhaps I can show you what I did.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Dave,
Your lucky to have both post style.
Anyway I hate both of them.
Avery winter I have to remove it to install the suitcase weight support and of course put it back for the leaf.

I plan to make one universal with everything on it.

- Bagger post support.
- Trailer connection.
- 3 pt. hitch connection.
- Center blade connection
- Suitcase support connection.
Top view...

Bottom view...

As you can see it's not ready for the production.
Andre

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.