Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on a '66 JD 60 with the original engine. I recently purchased a Tecumseh replacement carb. Problem: fuel is now coming out of the vent hole. The float seems to be working OK. This is a new carb, any Idea what is going on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the float is working right, the bowl will only fill so high and stop. The needle and seat sound like they are stuck or dirty. It only takes a very small piece of crud to do this. Probably have to remove the bowl and clean needle and seat. I would clean the tank out REAL good and replace fuel line with an in line filter. Good luck and keep us posted...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had the same problem with my 70 right after I rebuilt the carb. I concluded I had the retainer spring holding the needle too tightly to the float and it couldn't square up all the way with the seat. I loosened that spring a little and it worked fine. I'm assuming that adjustment was what fixed it, but it could have just been taking it apart and putting it back together a slightly different way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.