Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if a VH70 & VH60 are the same? I took the flywheel off to clean the points & mag, found it had a broken key on the flywheel. My dad went to our local dealer & got the replacement key. Then for what reason I will never know, he tighten the flywheel down with air. Snapped off shaft & most of the threads. I have a parts VH60 so that's why I'm wondering. Thanks kevin

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Roger, think I might try treading it like you suggested. Guess I don't have much to lose now. I ordered gaskets already, but haven't come up with a crank yet. Kevin

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kevin, Be sure to measure the crankpin with a micrometer as they tend to throw rods due to crank wear. Measure at several points and perpendicular as on way may be fine but the portions that wear with the throw may be off.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
On a snowmobile secondary clutch they fill the gap from the stubby shaft out to the washers on the outside with a stack of flat washers so the bolt doesn't crush the larger outer ones.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Also if you can find lady hand drill bits and step up the size from pilot one should spin out the broken piece without an easy out. I've broken them off on sleds before.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Also if you can find left hand drill bits and step up the size from pilot one should spin out the broken piece without an easy out. I've broken them off on sleds before.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
thanks for filling me in. I was trying to contribute a little, because everyone on here has been very helpful to me, but I will try to stick to what I am familiar with in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.