Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a JD 70 this past weekend. The VH70 motor is taken apart, the seller said that the connecting rod broke on it. It came with all new parts to fix it. I have never dug this deep into a motor before. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to put it back together? Any books or previous post on this would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
597 Posts
get a service manual that is all you need and some patience, I just redid a 60 with a broke rod.clean it up good and checkever part over for damage. when these engines fly apart it can wreak alot of small things. good luck and enjoy yourself. shannon

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
jd ,because this your first ,take as many photos as you can of everything .tag and mark parts ,to where they came from ,manuals are a must,find a good machine shop,and have them mic all parts ,before you order anything ,and you will need the manual ,for the machine shop ,hope this helps .David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.