Weekend Freedom Machines banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Loaders are very nice… and pallet forks.
And even if it’s “low hours” it’s still 30+ years old and plenty of stuff will have just dry rotted and need fixed anyways so there is that to be kept in mind.

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
Yeah wow, that's a lot of $$$$, especially since you don't need all the extra stuff that makes the price so high.

·
Registered
372 Posts
There was one in ny about 6 weeks ago for 1700$. It was missing the tri nose piece and grill but ran and mowed mint accordion to seller. It was on for a while. The deals are out there. You may want to create a Fb account and do the cl and Fb searches daily, also network with other guys doing the same. I have 4 or 5 guys I do that with. They send me links and I do the same. I miss stuff all the time that they send me and I’m doing the same searches. My not so smart phone sends me more adds for junk than actual real tractor listings. Keep the money under your pillow and be ready to pull the trigger when they pop up. I see tons of ads in pa so you have that going for you!!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Reality check. For a couple more grand than $8K, you can purchase a used Deere compact utility tractor with loader and mower deck that was manufactured in this century.
Or a heck of a down payment on a new 1025R.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
There was one in ny about 6 weeks ago for 1700$. It was missing the tri nose piece and grill but ran and mowed mint accordion to seller. It was on for a while. The deals are out there. You may want to create a Fb account and do the cl and Fb searches daily, also network with other guys doing the same. I have 4 or 5 guys I do that with. They send me links and I do the same. I miss stuff all the time that they send me and I’m doing the same searches. My not so smart phone sends me more adds for junk than actual real tractor listings. Keep the money under your pillow and be ready to pull the trigger when they pop up. I see tons of ads in pa so you have that going for you!!
No FB for me. I asked a friend to watch for any on FB. I tried searching FB but with issues. I have several CL ads placed in various parts of the country (that is if some jerk wad does not report them and they get deleted). I search CL multiple times daily in various parts of the country (I have a long list of zip codes and use the 200 mile search function). I also have a western USA contact watching for a nice one.

Just as a reminder I am looking for a low hour original in nice condition. I doubt the one in NY would meet my criteria. Thanks anyway.

Or a heck of a down payment on a new 1025R.
I already have a low hour original JD 4200 with loader so need for a 1025R. Considering a 3pt finish mower instead of another tractor (420 or 430). A 420/430 would be nice to have, if you know what I mean. (y)

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
To me that does not look like 'low hour in nice condition'.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
This was posted today by a GTT member who recently bought a 1025R.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
This was posted today by a GTT member who recently bought a 1025R.
Thanks you! Definitely worth consideration but I don't need/want the tiller and blower. Perhaps he would consider separating.
Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
You know there are people who might be interested in those other attchments. You could always relist and sell any unwanted attachments here or other tractor forums or Craig’s list or OfferUp or ebay or or or...

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
I just looked at local CL and searched 200 mile for Deere and for a 430 in Iowa but it does not look Low Hours, Nice or New enough, but alongside it is a 330 asking price $1700. I don't recall see many 330's around, is it a Unicorn?

Reactions: N2 Tractors

·
Registered
372 Posts
About a month ago I bought one. It’s a runner, a little beat up but good tractor. I got it for (what I think is) short money. I figured between all the parts that could fail, injector, radiator, ect ect it’s worth it (insurance).

·
Premium Member
8,960 Posts
Tom,

The 330 is to the 332 what the 316 Onan is to the 318... It is a good machine if you don't need the 2 spool hydraulics or the power steering. At that age, condition and how it was maintained is everything...

Chuck

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.