Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the WFM Gang,

Hey all- I just wanted to let everyone know that we have sold WFM and our Ag network of sites. VerticalScope will take over the site and work with the members here as well as the mod group to ensure its preservation and also work to improve anything that could be possibly lacking here.

My wife’s failing health was the overall main reason we are selling. Please understand we truly enjoyed these sites and had bigger plans for them. At this point with everything though, we felt it would be best to put this community in better, more capable hands.

I hope everyone will welcome them to the group. I am certain they will happily hear from the group here about what you feel improvements could be made and so on.

Thanks to everyone. I’m sorry we could not pre-discuss this, it just is not allowed as a part of how things are transferred over.
I truly wish you all the best, and hope to see you around based on what my lawn tractor needs will be

Kevin

·
Administrator
355 Posts
Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for VerticalScope, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for wfmachines.com.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

Philip

·
Administrator
2,170 Posts
Kevin, thanks for everything you have done for WFM. In many ways you saved this place. The community really appreciates what you and your team did for us. You were always great to work with and have a great personality. I really hope your wife is able to make a recovery. That is a major obstacle that I hope y'all can overcome.

Philip, we're glad to have you here and appreciate your support of this great community. :thumb:

:welcome:

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have been great as well! You have been a true help these past few years. Like I said on GTT, hope to still be around actually.

Kevin, thanks for everything you have done for WFM. In many ways you saved this place. The community really appreciates what you and your team did for us. You were always great to work with and have a great personality. I really hope your wife is able to make a recovery. That is a major obstacle that I hope y'all can overcome.

Philip, we're glad to have you here and appreciate your support of this great community. :thumb:

:welcome:

·
Administrator
6,060 Posts
Kevin, I echo Jason's comments. Without you and Lee, and Darren, who knows if we would be here now posting on this site. You and your team did a great job in the conversion and we all here at WFM appreciate it. And I will be praying for you and your wife, as well as Lee and Darren. Thanks again for all that you have done here.

Philip, we're glad you will continue the work Kevin and his team started back at the first of this year. We know there are going to be better and greater things to come. Welcome.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thank you Kevin for the great site and the effort you have put into it. Without it and its great members I know my green machines would not be the workers they have been for me. I will be keeping good thoughts and prayers for you and your wife. I hope she has a quick and complete recovery.

Welcome to WFM Phillip! May the sharing of knowledge and joyful spirit continue for many more wonderful years.

Reactions: TexKev

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Sounds like the same people that bought MTF years ago when it got too much for SJ.
Kevin, thanks for all you done here :thumb:and we will pray for your wife and your family.

Reactions: jd195350

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all again for the kindness. Yeah I will never forget the work we did on it, especially poor Darren :)

every time he would run the custom programmed converter something would be wrong and then he would have to fix the program, again, again and again!

I would run through it all and tell him all of the issues... all in good fun....

·
Administrator
6,060 Posts
Sounds like the same people that bought MTF years ago when it got too much for SJ.
Kevin, thanks for all you done here :thumb:and we will pray for your wife and your family.
Yes it's the same people. You can do a google search for "verticalscope" and you will find their website. They currently own a lot of websites including MTF.

·
Administrator
355 Posts
Yes it's the same people. You can do a google search for "verticalscope" and you will find their website. They currently own a lot of websites including MTF.
MTF is a great bunch. I personally have been involved with them since we bought the site from John. In case anyone is wondering wfm will still maintain its identity like all the forums on hour network. We wont merge any or take away any of the spirit that makes WFM what it is.

-Philip

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think it's great that the site will continue on, in very capable hands, thank you for all you guys do!

I do have a question though. One of the biggest benefits to WFM has been the lack of obnoxious advertisements that many of the other sites seem to have. Hopefully this place can remain ad-free (aside from the select vendor ads in appropriate location and very well moderated), I would consider a paid membership in order to avoid the advertisements.

·
Administrator
355 Posts
Typically the guest traffic on sites is who gets the majority of ads. Guests land here usually via some google searches and contribute little to the site if anything until they sign up. Until then they are using resources and might as well get the ads. I should also point out if you see an ad that makes noise ever or otherwise is blocking your general view of content make sure I am the first to know. Take a screen grab if you can so I can see what is happening and get this reported. These are not permitted on our network but our providers on occasion make mistakes. The sooner you can report it directly to me the sooner I can get it turned off.
-Philip

·
Registered
986 Posts
Mr Kevin, I am sorry to hear your wife health problems.

I pray The Lord will restore your wife to good health & keep you strong during this time.

Thank you for all the work and the great site.

God bless y'all sir.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Thanks for keeping it going, but man that was fast to change hands. Hoping we aren't in for anther round of changes. We already lost a lot of members and interest in this last redo.

Reactions: reynocd

·
Administrator
355 Posts
I am working closely with the mod team on any changes to the site. Most of them you will never see and involve me making some minor upgrades to make the mod team's lives easier.

-Philip

1 - 15 of 15 Posts