Weekend Freedom Machines banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can't recall which belt fits what deck, and when I need one, my small engine guy has an old Deere belt cross reference he uses. I have a page I copied off the forum from way back in 2011 that lists mower drive belts and I recognize the numbers so I'll post them here.

M45998 V-BELT -1776558 (A)DRIVE (39) 2.111M (83.10")

M47043 V-BELT 176559- (A)DRIVE (39) 2.014M (79.30)

M47765 BELT -176558 (B)DRIVE (39) 2.134M (84.00") (SUB FOR M89327)

M47766 BELT 176559- (B)DRIVE (39) 2.035M (80.10")

M45998 V-BELT -205468 (A)DRIVE (47) 2.111M (83.10")

M47043 V_BELT 205469- (A)DRIVE (47) 2.014M (79.30")

M47765 BELT (B)DRIVE (47) 2.134M (84.00") (SUB FOR M89327)

If you know the part # of the belt on the machine now, and it matches a part # above, you should be able to figure out what belt might fit if the belt is to short or long for the "new" deck.

I have no idea what (A) or (B) represents, or why some belts are referred to as V-belts and others just belts. My experience is they're all v-belts, and I use them with my 38" 2 blade decks on my 200 and 110 series. I suspect the serial # breaks are for tractors, but I copied this because it gave the length of the belt.

Hope this will help find a belt.

Ed

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks guys. I have a relatively new belt on the 3-blade deck right now. I'll try it on the 2-blade deck when it arrives and then adjust from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just over in my storage unit where I have 4 decks leaning against the wall. I didn't get a photo but can if requested when I put the X485 away tonight.

Decks are:
To the best of my knowledge 300 series decks are interchangeable between closed frame (120/140 included) and open frame by simply changing the draft arms. Closed frame have spring latch on the tractor, open frame latch is on the draft arms. All use a mule drive that drives off front of engine that is on the front of the tractor.

200 series decks drive off a pto that is also on the front of the engine but the front of the engine is on the right side of the tractor. It does not use a mule drive. The center (drive) spindle is located toward the rear of the deck whereas 300 series is toward front. The shells appear to be similar and may mount up using different draft arms but you would need to deal with belt lengths and drive arrangements. A problem is if we say no, the decks are not interchangeable someone is going to say but I put one on my tractor. They however do not tell you it cost them $400 and took 3 years to get it mounted so I challenge anyone who says they did it to tell us how they did it so it can be included in FAQ section of this site. The bottom line is Deere did not intend for the 4X" decks to be interchangeable.

I have no experience with 38" decks so will not comment ... Gabby
I have tried to attach my 300 series jd deck to the 212 I picked up just to see if I could help and this is what I found ( if you want to spend countless hours fabricating the deck to fit then yes it will work but you will spend more money then the tractor may be worth) the short and best response for this question is NO they will not bolt up

with that said I know have 2 jd tractors that I have no clue what to do with
May post then later for sale not sure

·
Registered
728 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey Hec, thanks for the info...maybe Mr. Brockway will benefit from it. He resurrected my old threads about decks from some years ago? I'm more than happy with my 38-inch, 2-blade deck on my 212 and the same on my 322...they mow like a charm with good suction and discharge and fit my yard obstacles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Hec, thanks for the info...maybe Mr. Brockway will benefit from it. He resurrected my old threads about decks from some years ago? I'm more than happy with my 38-inch, 2-blade deck on my 212 and the same on my 322...they mow like a charm with good suction and discharge and fit my yard obstacles.
Great chart but does not show the 300 series decks working with the 212. Again nice chart tho much appreciated. Still proves my point that you can’t take a deck from a 300s and put it on the 212 tractor

21 - 26 of 26 Posts