Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 1862 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be good to hear what you did in the shop or garage today.
we might learn some thing from each other.

Nothing new here, I greased , changed oil ,sharpened blades.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pulled an injection pump out of a JD 1600 turbo. Governor in the pump failed and she lost all throttle control. Over revving like crazy.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
So whats the difference between this thread and the what did you do to your tractor one? Maybe not to repeat efforts, this one should include everything except working on tractors?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I agree with Mike because...
We have already the "What Did You Do To Your Tractor Today?"
I think we need a new "What Did You Do With Your Tractor Today?"
Andre

·
Registered
89 Posts
I assumed Mr. Crazyhorse's intent was things like, "here are pictures of the workbench I built", "here is the way I organized all these widgets", "I installed my compressed air lines", etc...

Maybe I'm on a different train of thought, since I happen to be in the middle of trying to establish my shop, so I'm trying to learn useful things that other people do.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
last night I finished working on my beer project

wired up my speakers again as we used the for a outdoor projected movie

Reactions: Graybeard-2

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm getting my Deere shed ready for winter. I just got power, gas and cable run out to it. Now I'm going to get the Modine heater hung up and connected. You know how all projects go so that's where I'm at. I hope to have the heater up in a week or so. My nights are staggered with my officiating in full swing so I can't be out there every night but I need the money for all the insulation and such.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well...I got home from work and intended to clean up the work bench after my last demolition project. I turned the TV on, found a good movie on Net-Flix and once again, accomplished nothing.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday I had just got through working in the garage/shop all day, and came inside .

Thought it would be good to hear what every one else did in their shop/garage .

Since there are many different things going on in the garage/shop that is interesting to all of us, I just put this thread up.

Please add anything you did in your garage/shop.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
I just made a spring stretcher out of a pipe clamp. It works well,and didn't take a lot of engineering. I just welded 2 tabs on the feet of the clamp. I cut it short enough to put in my sand blaster,its great for that and for painting springs after

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Last Friday I bought a early Simplicity 7112, 12hp Kohler w/balance weights, $300. Well it already has new plug, points, condensor, coil and a new Walbro carb. It still doesn't start fer sht. I pulled the head off and it has the whitest exhaust valve I've ever seen. Piston 010 over. I pulled the engine to check the timing marks on the cam and crank, good. No durt/crud in the air passage between the valves and cylinder. Pull of valve/breather side cover, no clearence for even the thinnest feeler gage on the exhaust valve. pull out the valve, looks like it hasn't touched the valve seat in quite a while. Valve still round but burt bad on the underside.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Last night got a start on arranging my shop for green machine winter storage, put lawn sweeper, sprayer, honda tiller, 140 away (after winterization), but got sidetracked by my neighbor and a cooler bag of beer.... oh well, it was a good distraction!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Goat some of the dirt swept off the floor!

Gets that way when I run my antique jd corn sheller, still have two jd lawn carts and 30 gal barrel of ear corn left from the 2013 crop to shell!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I wish I could be doing something in the shop. It is all outside so far. But-I plan on finishing the move of the pressure tank for the well from the shop to the house so the shop doesn't NEED to be heated. That will save me a full 500 gal of propane that the previous owners were going through each winter.

Once snow hits the ground-then the shop projects will start.

1 - 20 of 1862 Posts