Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1881 - 1900 of 1912 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Finished up the mini payloader today. Just needs another coat of paint yet.

I'll get to try it out tomorrow, maybe. Need to find time to fill the ruts in the driveway after getting the grass mowed.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Nice job! Looks great!

Reactions: crazyhorse

·
Registered
537 Posts
I got to use the mini payloader today and I'm in love, lol. It works great.
I did the ruts in the drive first. Get a load, fill the rut, use rear blade to flatten. To finish it up, back drag up with the bucket.

Next I filled a hole in the yard, a tree came down last month. Went and dig up some soil and filled it in. I think it worked well digging up the soil. I could get a few inches at a time.

I could fill the bucket up, either stone or dirt but the tractor didnt have it in her to pick it up. I need to check my pressure and possible shim the relief valve. But it still picks up a lot though.
Then I started moving a pile of sand the girlfriend wanted gone. Didnt finish that today, maybe tomorrow.
It really came in handy today, everything went well and quick. I also spent 2 hours on the 332 mowing grass.
A huge thank you to Paul for building the prototype and providing plans. The mini payloader is well worth the investment for me. It seems perfect for my needs.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Awesome! I think you could real fancy and fit an automotive type power steering pump under your feet and use that to pressurize an independent hydraulic system....They put out huge pressure at low RPM.

Just curious, can you open the hood?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks, Tmac.
I would like to play with it more on projects, but your not just around the corner.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The plans from Paul do include how to use a seperate pump for hyd. I didnt think I'd need that much pressure. Paul has 350 lbs lift for it. I'm pretty sure that's on the conservative side. Probably because of the front axle and spindles of a stock tractor. He does have a list of parts on his site to upgrade to 1 in spindles to. I dont think I need to do all that, maybe if I build a normal fel for my 332.
It depends if I get bored, first I need to save some money and get another 332, lol.

As for the hood, no you cant open it.
You have to unpin the loader and rock it front. It's not a big deal to do, just to check oil.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Spent some time today and put the pull pins on the mini payloader today. Much easier now without the bolts. Now I can pull the pins and use the hydraulics to pull the frame forward. Still got some finishing touch up to do, paint here and there. Then on to the next project, lol.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Finished the paint today on it. I think I'm done on it. It's not perfect but it works very well.

On the next project, lol.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The next project is a right rear axle seal.

Got the new seal in today. Need to clean some parts and the brake shoes. Then look at tm1591 or jd parts to see if I'm missing anything.
Thanks to Gabby for his pics and thread on his 318 resto, great info.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
The next project is a right rear axle seal.

Got the new seal in today. Need to clean some parts and the brake shoes. Then look at tm1591 or jd parts to see if I'm missing anything.
Thanks to Gabby for his pics and thread on his 318 resto, great info.
Ya but now I need to get the 318 finished. Along with the 420, two 112's, a 300, yard work, rural property landscaping, and new projects added to the project list. Project list grows faster than I can finish projects ... Gabby

·
Registered
537 Posts
I could go for a bag of m&m's, lol.
Yep, the wanna do's , then the gotta do's dont seem to end. But it keeps us busy that's for sure.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Question- Has anyone used an old tire tread for a vibration pad under equipment? If so, how did it work and how did you get the pieces separated from the rest of the tire?

I'm sometimes a cheapskate and since I have a few old tires laying around I thought that it might be easier to just cut some pads rather than spend about $20 plus shipping and taxes for three. I need six.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I cut three squares out of an old tire to put under the feet of my air compressor. Worked great, and cut down over half the noise! I just cut the squares out with a cutoff wheel in a angle grinder.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That's exactly what I'm looking to do. I've seen tubes where they were cutting tires dry with a box cutter, looked easy. I've tried that in the past, it really wasn't easy. But the tires they used were the little compact car tires. Paper thin. I have now at my disposal a 15-38 off my Farmall M and will one day have the sidewalks off the Oliver (18.4x34/15) when I get around to putting the new to me tires on it.

I have a bunch of pickup tires too.

I was just curious if there was a good, better, best way to cut rubber. It's not something I've tried to do before.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I don’t know how they could cut car/light truck tires with a boxcutter, they have steel cords in them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
They didn't cut the bead just around the circumference of sidewall next to the tread. They were making rubber flip-flops. Kinda neat little project actually. Third world country thing.

1881 - 1900 of 1912 Posts