Ok on the topic of what I did to gear drive today, started working on the new 216. It had an electric fuel pump that was too high of flow for the carb, ran terrible and was flooding the bowl. Removed that and replaced it with a pulse type pump. I have terrible luck with Kohler pumps or the cheap replacements, I find the pulse pumps are more reliable and less expensive.
Also removed the mower deck to scrap it, unless anybody wants it. It’s functional, but has a couple of holes, I don’t need it.
Stripping down the new 216 a bit to fix some things that bother me. Rust on bottom of pedestal, swapped to newer turfs on back, painted the wheel weights. I’ll paint the hood, side panels and fender deck yet also. This will be the snowblower tractor.
A forum community dedicated to Vintage John Deere Tractors owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about classic restorations, references, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!