Weekend Freedom Machines banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
Or CL, or by the side of a house/barn/garage. Just keep your eye open. Kinda like the 316K I stumbled upon last week, you just never know.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Howdy All!
Today I bagged about 100 bushels of leaves with my 210 fitted with an MC519 cart bagger and power flow on my 38” 2 blade deck.

time for a beer!

Hec

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
Do you compost the 100 bags of leaves?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Tom,

Fortunately for me, our neighborhood has a brush and leaf disposal site 2 blocks from my house. I just ride there on the 210 and dump the leaves. The Homeowners Association burns all the leaves, branches and Christmas Trees in February. The brush site is open from March 1st to January 4th. Then it shuts down to burn.

Hec

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
Too bad they do not compost.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Question for all you 216 guys. I have one that likes to kick the secondary belt. It’s a pita the put back on as I have to pull the wheel and the the drive pulley to reinstall. I’ve tried moving the tensioner spring. The belt has a ton of slap while driving and I’ve read it’s normal but how do you all keep yours on? Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
Interesting Deere, I’ll have to look for a new spring first. Might as well replace it, heck it’s nearly 50 years old I imagine. If that doesn’t do it I’ll replace the belt. It’s a good tractor, electric pto and hydro lift, runs purrrfect

·
Registered
1970 110 hydraulic lift. 1979 216, 1983 216, 1997 LX188, 2003 L110, Cub 102, Ingersoll 224
39 Posts
Where does one find find a 216 in need of a rescue?
I found both of the 216's we have on CL. We live in SE Wisconsin, last tractor was in SW Wisconsin, only about 8 miles from my parents. My dad was nice enough to go pick it up for me. He thinks I am crazy but has put up with me for 41 years. :p I was happy to pay $375 for a good runner with wheel weights and a blower.

Running out of time before the snow flies so the paint on the fender pan is going to have to wait.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
This is a pretty sharp looking 216!

I was happy to pay $375 for a good runner with wheel weights and a blower.
I would consider that a good deal. Grow your herd.

Reactions: sashiery

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Too bad they do not compost.
Recyling? What's that? Sadly that's the mantra here in NE Tejas, just south of the Indian Nations. No one offers that option, and our oak leaves do not compost well at all...in fact they will saturate the soil with tannins if you leave them to decompose on the yard, then nothing will grow worth a darn...grass, etc. Plus the obscene blanket of acorns chewed to bits by the tree rats. I haul our leaves to the woods next door and dump them in a few locations there.

Yep, you need to replace the idler tension spring. Best to pull the fender pan to do this. Also have a look at your variator spring. It's just as old as the tensioner spring. Not hard to replace both as a pair, all at once...but read the cautionary statement about the variator spring before you have a go at that...not hard, but you have to respect the larger spring under tension. The 200-series service manual is invaluable for upkeep of these tractors.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts