Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 4346 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone forum I'm on has a "What Have You Done To Your (insert forum topic here) Today?" thread. I didn't see one here so I thought I'd start one.

Post whatever it is you've done with, or to, your tractor today! Pics are always nice. I'll start us out.

I finally replaced the horrendous muffler that came on my 1966 110.

From this.

To this.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I replaced the bearings and chain in my 33 tiller today. With some luck I might be able to finish it all off tomorrow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I fabricated a bracket for a rear spot light on my 425 with my new Hobart wire welder. Im teaching myself to weld and it came out pretty good it uses existing holes in the frame. I need to wait a couple day's for the paint to dry so I can mount it.BILL

·
Registered
551 Posts
Robert Dandar - Good for you! Isn't it puzzling how far individuals will go to avoid putting on the proper part on some of these tractors? Goodness sakes the muffler you've installed looks 1000 times better and sounds better I would imagine as well. Once again, good for you!

I've had to reverse engineer a lot of things on tractors I've purchased used and it makes me wonder every time what people are thinking about as they're installing those parts.

Kenneth

·
Registered
562 Posts
Doug,
Thats cool did she ride hers down to the pond. My boys had one of them till the motor burnt up.
Today I changed to hydro fluid and filter since the restore on my 300. Had some tilling to do so I mounted the 33 tiller. Before mounting it I decided to check the slip clutch took the cover off and preformed that check while cover was off I noticed a bolt near the drive chain had almost came off. So I went thru everything on the tiller before mounting it. Also had noticed some slopp in the steering come to find out the steering gear bolts had came loose tightened them too. Got my tilling finished and changed the oil in my truck. Overall a great day glad I didnt go to work for the overtime, think I cleared my mind of allot of stress by doing some things that provide much more satisfaction then work. Hopefully will be picking up a new radiator and water pump for my 332 in a few weeks.
I hope everyone else had as great a day as I did!!!!
Michael

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well I started on my mower deck today. Stripped it bare, wire wheeled the underside and put some rust converting primer. Then started cleaning up the spindle and hubs.........

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Doug,

I know its red, but its still a pretty cool toy (IH 2+2) that I had as a kid.

The car in the background gets more attention because it has a keyswitch and horn that make noise, but he does like this one as well. Took this picture tonight:

At least the pedal tractor I'm restoring for him is green...

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I worked on my 400 project. All that's left to do now is install the freshly painted body parts and decals. And I have to buy a new seat yet. Should be picture perfect in a few days.

Army

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Army,
Looks factory fresh! What did you do to the fuel tank? That really makes it stand out. Good work so far and am looking for finished photos.
Jim

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Thanks guys.

Jerry.. you're capable of whatever level you want to go with a tractor. Fix that 212 up however it suits you. That's what it's all about. Just be careful. Sometimes we go too far and end up with ornamental tractors. That 400 I'm just finishing will spend at least a year parked in the corner of my shop under a cover, then another year without the cover and then another year of very light use and then I might actually start using it regularly. In other words, it won't fit this thread topic anymore because I won't be doing anything to it at all. My scruffy 400 is lucky. It's living tractor life to the fullest.

Army

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Warren.. that looks like a pretty good deck.

Army

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Jim.. I scrubbed it down with TSP and some scotch pads, then painted it with JD medium gloss. I've done other tanks with it and they all seem to be standing up fine.

Army

1 - 20 of 4346 Posts